Author Topic: Surgery in 3 hours! (pics)  (Read 4455 times)

Offline jaygupta

Hello all! So I'm in the same boat as many of you and have been suffering with this for about 10 years (I'm 24 now). Finally decided to take some action and have my surgery scheduled today. I'm nervous for the procedure but can't wait to see the results. I'm getting the surgery done in Baltimore and paid roughly $5500. Will upload my experience after I get home this afternoon. Here are a few pics of me before:

Offline jaygupta

Surgery is finally complete and I'm at home resting. I feel great without any pain, haven't peeked at the chest yet but I'm super excited. Pain and discomfort are at 0 but my ps suggested to take my pills as soon as I get home so I'll be doing that I'll keep you updated on the next several day Sr!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
nice man lets see pics

Offline vishal.2356

• Posting Member
Congo man !! you can see your final results after Sutures removal. Post your pics after suture removal.

Offline vishal.2356

• Posting Member
Who was your surgeon and in which hospital you were operated ? From your name it seems like you are an Indian.

Offline jaygupta

My surgeon was Dr.Dr. Schuster here in Baltimore. I haven't taken the vest off yet but hopefully on Friday I can snap a few pics, if not, then on Monday after my post op appointment. Yep I'm an Indian!
Feeling pretty good this more thing some pain in my right shoulder for some reason but it's manageable, this vest is also really uncomfortable but takes some getting used to. Will update tomorrow.

Offline vishal.2356

• Posting Member
Yeahh for 3-4 days it's really really uncomfortable but after few days you'll be getting used to it. Today is my 19th day after surgery. Still it's bit uncomfortable to wear 24x7. For your shoulder pain Dr gave you some pain killers. Take medicine on time and take proper rest.

Offline jaygupta

So I was finally able to take off the vest today and see my results. Overall I am very happy , there's still a little bit of puffiness but I'm sure that's just bruising/scar tissue since it has only been 3 days. Sorry for the low quality pics

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
looks great! grats, have a front pic?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Save these pictures and comments. You will need them shortly when some post operative swelling makes you think you went through this for nothing. It will diminish though and you will get this great shape back. be patient.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Nutsandbolts

• Posting Member
Congrats!!!

That's looking really good, what a difference.

Now the hard part, patience, things are probably going to look different in the following weeks, mine did (swelling).

Offline vishal.2356

• Posting Member
Have patience man today I'm 26 days post operative. I'm happy with my results but still there's bit of swelling Dr said it'll go by time it can take 6 months to 1 year but it depends. I think u should be satisfied by your results bcoz now your chest looks great. I don't think there's any puffiness in your nipple area. This level of puffiness should be there. Now enjoy your life.

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Ppl just tell me how long till I work out.I m a sportsperson as in play cricket 23m. Just wanna know how long till I get my preop strength back
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline Hendy

• Posting Member
Awesome!  You look great!  Congrats! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024