Author Topic: finally going to see gp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2140 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi all. I am a new user to this site although I have often read the posts. I have had my problem for many, many years...but never had the bottle to say or do anything about it. It's only now I have a 1 year old daughter that I realise I must do something now......I hate my chest so much I dont think I wouild even be able to take her swimming!!!!!!!!! When I go on holiday I never take off my shirt unless I am lying down...and I always wear the same clothes...you know the ones..baggy and not tight fitting.....I always wear tshirts under short sleeve shirts to. I never really mentioned it my wife until recently when she had mentioned she fancied having lipo after our daughter. It was at this I took my chance and told her I fanceid havign surgery on my chest. So....I have changed to her GP yesterday and I am going to make an appointment to see GP about my condition. Is it worth doing on the NHS if you can. If not I will go privatley but of course if the NHS will pay for it thats better. Would you still get a good service on the NHS?????

I heard alot of people talk about the place in the midlands with Levick. Bit far to travel for me.....but Im hoping there are good plastic surgeons in my area.....near Blackpool. I find this site a big help and I cant wait til im posting on here about my new life after surgery.......I really hope it is as freeing as everyone says. Just the thought of going shopping and picking out ANY tshirt that I like withough worrying what it looks like will be great. Although I do feel I have severe gyno and hope that the surgeons will be able to give me what I want.

1 question though...after they remove all that fat and tissue...does the skin not go saggy...how do they rectify that....do they pull it in tighter????

Thanks for all ur posts in the past..this site is a real gem!

Offline outertrial

Hi.

Its a good idea to go to your GP. You need to have a ball exam and usually a blood test to check your hormones, and for most people it feels like the first step on the road to recovery.

As far as the NHS goes, well it just depends. Some people see a sympathetic GP, get referred to a good plastic surgeon for a consultation in a few weeks, have their operation a month or two later and it all turns out great. More likely though is that you can expect to get the run around and a long wait before an op that may not solve the problem. Remember that being referred to a plastic surgeon is no guarantee that you'll get the green light for an op, even if theyre really fighting your corner for you goalposts move about and letters get lost and misunderstood

Its worth trying the NHS but if you can at all afford to pay for the operation yourself private is by far the better option. On balance you'll get treated a lot faster, have a lot more control over the outcome, and enjoy a lot more dignity throughout the process.

As far as saggy skin goes,  it depends how bad the case is, your age and the elasticity of your skin. Skin will usually stretch back a fair way but if it doesnt then the surgeon will have to remove some of the excess.

Cheers

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024