Author Topic: Severe to minor....(scar tissue question)  (Read 2737 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
i had a severe case and then got the surgery in july. now i have scar tissue that has formed (atleast i think its scar tissue) and gives the appearance of a minor case of gyne. nothing serious though.

my main question is, how long did it take the scar tissue to go away?? especially if you had a severe case.

also is the scar tissue formed from having an excision, or is it formed from the doctor taking the excess tissue/gland out through lipo??

thanks

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
might i add a little question, how does scar tissue feel? How can you see if you have decent amounts of it in you?

also scar tissue(or granulation tissue) is formed from blood hardening?

please inform us

DrBermant

i had a severe case and then got the surgery in july. now i have scar tissue that has formed (atleast i think its scar tissue) and gives the appearance of a minor case of gyne. nothing serious though.

my main question is, how long did it take the scar tissue to go away?? especially if you had a severe case.

also is the scar tissue formed from having an excision, or is it formed from the doctor taking the excess tissue/gland out through lipo??

thanks

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

Residual deformity after gynecomastia surgery can be remaining gland, fat, and scars.  All surgery results in scars.  The body heals wounds, such as surgery, with scars. This is not just the surface entry points, but the entire region of excision and liposuction sculpture.  The trick therefore is to minimize the scars as much as possible with surgical technique(s), Compression Vests for Gynecomastia Surgery, and After Surgery Scar Care.  Scars that evolve under pressure do much better than scars without pressure.  That is why I advise my patients of the advantage of wearing a Stage 2 Compression Garment after Gynecomastia Surgery until scars have evolved.

I see many patients from other doctors with residual deformity after surgery.  Residual gland is often a factor.  Check out what I mean by looking at these series of drawings showing the anatomy of residual gland deformity after gynecomastia surgery.  Take some time to look at the various drawing showing the issues.  That is why I prefer to target my patients' gland first with my Dynamic Technique.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024