Author Topic: Mother In Denial  (Read 3612 times)

Offline T-dude20

• Posting Member
Hey Everyone, my mother is in denial of my Gynecomastia. I have had breast tissue since I was about 13 and  its now become somthing I can no longer live with. I'm now 18 and went to the Doctor a few months ago and confirmed it was breast tissue not fat and it would probably require surgery to remove. I told my mom this and she just dosen't want to believe it, she is always telling me it's not that big of a deal and all I have to do is some chest exercises for it to go away even though the doctor said exercise wouldn't do anything. I have tried sitting her down and talking to her about it but she simply refuses to consider surgery as in option. She also refuses to make doctor appointments.
     Can someone give me advice on how to talk to her about it and convince her to think about surgery or go to the doctor? Am I going about this the wrong way? Any advice will help. Thanks

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
take her to the doctors....

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I second ALL of the above.

Good luck

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Show her all the Videos

And get her to read the first post in this Thread.

Have her send me a PM if you like... I might be able to convice her to take her head out of the sand.

Have you posted any pics?

Good Luck!

Grandpa Bambu...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:07:13 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
show here the video

it might help and can be just what is needed to push things so far

Offline T-dude20

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice guys ill get her to watch the videos. Ill tell you guys what happens.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
So what happened?  Have you shown the video? 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So what happened?  Have you shown the video? 

X2....

GB

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if she's in serious denial, no video links are going to help since she's just going to refuse to watch them. 

i'd give her two diagnoses in writing by docs who don't do ops so she can't claim they're making it up to make money. 

if that doesn't take, you may not be able to fix her, and you take this one on for yourself, whether that means leaving only her out of the picture or saving for the op on your own. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024