Author Topic: my situation  (Read 3227 times)

Offline goldfish103

so i have had puffy nipples for about 2 years now, really starting to be a bitch because i feel awkward with my top off. this really doesnt help when you live next to the beach and you always have to be "visiting grandma" or something so you dont have to go. anyway my doctor put me on a cream called andractim but she did not specify how i should use it (the instructions on the tube are in french?!). I have been on it for 2 weeks now and I have not seen an improvement (I have been rubbing it on to my nipples, massaging it in).

My family is not very rich at all and we do not have enough money to pay for surgery. I have just left school and my uniform hid my puffy nipples really well, but i am going to college soon and I will be wearing not so heavy clothing.

Is there a temporary method to stop my nipples poking out of my shirt? Is there a long term method that will eradicate my problem?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Simple answer:  rubbing andractrim cream is a waste of time and money.

You do have puffy nipples and the best treatment is surgery.  Until you can do the surgery, try wearing a snug, body shaping garment -- it will give you a better shape and boost your self esteem in the process.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline goldfish103

Also my doctor said that surgery is not an option...

DrBermant

so i have had puffy nipples for about 2 years now, really starting to be a bitch because i feel awkward with my top off. this really doesnt help when you live next to the beach and you always have to be "visiting grandma" or something so you dont have to go. anyway my doctor put me on a cream called andractim but she did not specify how i should use it (the instructions on the tube are in french?!). I have been on it for 2 weeks now and I have not seen an improvement (I have been rubbing it on to my nipples, massaging it in).

My family is not very rich at all and we do not have enough money to pay for surgery. I have just left school and my uniform hid my puffy nipples really well, but i am going to college soon and I will be wearing not so heavy clothing.

Is there a temporary method to stop my nipples poking out of my shirt? Is there a long term method that will eradicate my problem?

Topical Dihydrotestosterone is not a typical medication an experienced endocrinologist uses. Topical Testosterone is normally dispensed in another form.

Specific advice without the details of a patient's history, lab results, and other issues discovered during a proper consultation establishes a doctor patient relationship for which that doctor is now responsible. Prescribing medication without instructions is dangerous and inappropriate. Someone who has one of the Medical Causes of Gynecomastia that results in gland growth from low testosterone can have breast growth stabilized by topical application of testosterone gel. Raising the testosterone levels back to normal can change the body's broken feedback system. Testosterone gel in the wrong situation like Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia would worsen the problem. Additional Testosterone in someone with normal levels can actually cause breast growth!

However, application requires the instructions which a good endocrinologist should provide. Although the basic instructions are available online, specific details are best from someone's personal experiences in using this medication on their patients. The instructions specifically warn patients to avoid application to the breast or genital regions. Testosterone applied to the breast can convert to local estrogen causing breast growth even in someone who has low testosterone - a local effect.

Body Shaping Garments are a no surgery option for body contouring.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline iehatmyboobs

I agree surgery is probably the most successful way to go. If you already have the andractim tube may aswell give it a shot it takes about 2-3 weeks for any major changes to occur. In my case it worked for me. If there is no changes after a month then you better stop and seek out your doctor for better methods (most likely surgery).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024