Author Topic: After 17 years, I'm finally on the other side  (Read 6164 times)

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
I bet that pea sized nodule is an inflamed lymphnode responding to injury.

That sounds more accurate because it feels more like a cyst or swollen gland than scar tissue. I know that surgery can cause enlargement of the lymph nodes, so I hope it's nothing serious and that it goes away soon. Thanks for your comment.

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
Update: Four weeks after surgery.

Wow, I can't believe four weeks have already passed since my surgery. Overall, I don't have much to report since my last update. The skin on my chest is still sensitive, especially my nipple, but my chest is mostly pain free. The remaining tender spots are under my nipples.

I still have the same kind of swelling I had two weeks ago. Last weekend I woke up and my left nipple was completely flat and looked perfect, but within hours the top half was swollen again and has remained swollen since. My right nipple is still swollen on the bottom half, although that appears to be getting better and softening up a little. I also still have the crease on my right nipple. Other than that, I don't have any other noticeable swelling on my chest.

Oh, and if someone throws you something at three weeks post-op, don't jump up to get it, no matter how tempted you are and how good you feel. I did that and stretched my chest way too much and it felt like I ripped about a thousand band-aids off the inside of my chest. Ugh.

Happily, when wearing a tight t-shirt, my chest looks completely flat. I still can't believe it. ;D

My second, and hopefully final, post-op visit is in two weeks. Unless something changes before then, I'll probably update you all at that time.

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
Update: Six weeks after surgery.

I had my final post-op visit yesterday and the surgeon told me everything looks great. My left areola is practically flat, and my right is only slightly puffy now. They do have some minor creasing still, but the surgeon was pretty confident that it would smooth out over time. At this point, because the creasing has gotten better and is very minor, I'd be okay if it stayed like this. He also said I do have some minor swelling still, but that it should go away over the next few months.

The surgeon gave me a printout of before and after pics. It's not the best quality because it's on regular computer paper, but I hope to scan it soon and post it here.

After I post my pics, it might be my last update regarding my surgery, at least for a long time. I consider myself a success story and am so glad I finally had this done. I only had a minor case of puffy nipples, but the surgery has truly changed my life. I can finally take my shirt off without feeling self-conscious, I can finally go for a run without being worried that my nipples are visible through my shirt, I can finally wear tighter t-shirts...the list goes on and on.

If you've been hesitant to have surgery for any reason, don't put it off any longer and don't let anyone or anything stop you—it's your life and your body and you deserve to be happy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:09:15 PM by puffynipsman »

Offline freak

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024