Author Topic: hard tissue only removal- no scar!  (Read 5965 times)

Offline sjbjtm

6 foot and 155lbs

My gyno is pure hard tissue. no fatty lipo. im skinny, lean, and gear gave me gyno that just looks like puffed out nipples with solid golf balls behind them.

If i were to have surgery could i take an incision from inside armpit and have it the gyno cut and removed from there so no scar whatsoever is on my chest. it will be hidden in the armpit.

I know you need to sew a fat pad to support the nipple but i dont think thats the case for me cause i barely have any fat.   MD's please tell me what would be wrong with this.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For patients such as yourself, the odds of getting a really good result would lie with making a peri-areolar incision.  When there is very dense breast tissue directly beneath the areola, the best approach for removal and then reconstructing any defect is with an incision right at the area of concern.

While oftentimes I have been able to remove gyne from a small incision near the armpit, there are times when it is best to go to a direct approach as outlined above.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

6 foot and 155lbs

My gyno is pure hard tissue. no fatty lipo. im skinny, lean, and gear gave me gyno that just looks like puffed out nipples with solid golf balls behind them.

If i were to have surgery could i take an incision from inside armpit and have it the gyno cut and removed from there so no scar whatsoever is on my chest. it will be hidden in the armpit.

I know you need to sew a fat pad to support the nipple but i dont think thats the case for me cause i barely have any fat.   MD's please tell me what would be wrong with this.

This is a common question here on this forum and I have addressed it in the past in greater detail when we were permitted to provide proof of our positions. I have shown channel complication scars from patients coming to me unhappy with surgery done elsewhere. You need to see how the tissue moves. You are not just evaluating a surface scar, but the scar from the surgical sculpture which will include the entire surface sculpted.

That incision at the edge of the areola permits direct access and targeting the gland first, the differentiating hallmark of my Dynamic Technique. It is going after this gland first and then using the remaining resources to contour the chest that permits me to achieve results I have shown for both static and dynamic documentation. This chest areola pigmentation junction is a great place to hide a scar. This is especially the case when this scar can be kept to a tiny size and configuration matching the contour irregularities of the pigment contour. Look for close up photos of this scar as part of the process of evaluation of technique.

Arm pit scars look great while you keep your arms down against your chest. That is the problem, evaluating doctors' results of the great scars, while the pictures they show of their success stories hide them. Living life is not like that. Try playing basketball, swimming, or almost anything else keeping arms down at the side. To evaluate such scar from any procedure, you need to see what it looks like flexing and lifting arms. If the scars look good then, you have a great result.

I work with many athletes with extremes of minimal fat contour. In the many years of doing this sculpture, I do not remember a single case where liposuction was not a valuable tool in the refined contouring of the chest. It may have been one of my micro cannula for minimal fat removal, but not having liposuction is like tying one arm behind the back of an artist, you are not going to get the same result. Even when I am repositioning the remaining fat under the nipple to support the hole where the gland has come from, there is always a fat contour component to the shape even in my men with under a 4% body fat percentage. It may take only a few passes with this tiny cannula and the fat removed is sometimes too small to realistically measure, but the contour change is major both to pinch and observation from many angles we perform on each patient while on the operating table.

So there is always a scar with any surgery. It is only with careful documentation of refined issues of animation that you can truly say that any one method actually has better scars than another.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024