Author Topic: Bodybuilder Gyne, was obese before. You decide??  (Read 5941 times)

Offline paulytib

• Posting Member
Well ive been browsing these forums for awhile and finally have booked an appt with dr john craig fielding tommorow at 11 45 am. Here are some pictures of myself, can i get some opinions. Been wokring out for 3 years now and used to be a little fat kid since 11. Had the gyne since then

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
wish my chest looked like dat!!  atleast you can take your shirt off!!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
able to take your shirt off is a relative thing. 

you have it bad enough, significant deformity and slightly enlarged areolas.  don't let anyone tell you that's normal.  good luck with the consultation. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline cursed2cured

• Posting Member
let me tell you buddy, that your in good hands. fieldings did my surgery and it was amazing - i too am a body builder and was very curious how it would turn out, very pleased with the results and im only 1 month out - not to mention theres still swelling so its only going to get better.

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!
able to take your shirt off is a relative thing. 

you have it bad enough, significant deformity and slightly enlarged areolas.  don't let anyone tell you that's normal.  good luck with the consultation. 

+1

What Hhh just said,

Unfortunately you have it.
Altho try losing some more fat, but surgery is inevitable.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Dude...  I highly doubt that paulytib is comfortable with taking his shirt off 'in public'...

All it takes is one arsehole to make a nasty comment and you'll never take your shirt off in public again...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!

Dude...  I highly doubt that paulytib is comfortable with taking his shirt off 'in public'...

All it takes is one arsehole to make a nasty comment and you'll never take your shirt off in public again...

GB...

This is true...  >:(

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's nasty when they do, but it doesn't have to be that way, ultimately you choose how you respond to everything.  if i were in a setting where i knew no one i knew was there, i would feel freer, and i think if somebody said something to me, i might ask them if they made fun of deformed kids in wheelchairs too and walk on.  but people turn up when you don't expect them, so for now in my case, going out will wait, it's just what i choose. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am not of the opinion that I am looking at residual baby fat. In most cases there is both fatty and glandular tissue present and that is what I think you have.

Some have said that you could take your shirt off without embarrassment, others differed. The truth is that there is only one opinion that matters and it is yours. The condition is apparently causing you some degree of concern or you would not be here.

The date on your original post tells me that enough time has elapsed that we should have an update by now.
Grandpa Dan

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
Yes, inquiring minds want to know what the consultation resulted in!
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

Offline paulytib

• Posting Member
Hey sorry guys, thanks for all the positive comments. It makes me feel good  ;D
I have been busy with getting back into year 3 at college, i am 21.

Well my appt was at 11 45 am and finding the office was easy, 30 minutes from my house. So i got there and surprisingly, leslie was nice to me. No complaints. After being sat in the tiny cold office for 5 minutes the dr himself walked in. Dr john craig fielding.

I must say as soon as he walked in and greeted me i knew i felt welcomed. He was a great dr and sooo supportive. The appt lasted about 20 minutes long, and in that time he asked me a bunch of questions about my past and future ideas. He even asked me about my schooling and what not. After that he went on to taking measurements and informing me and touching it that it was surely caused by growing up and just hasnt gone away. That was a relief!! He also said my skin was in great condition and that after the surgery it should tighten up just fine.

I was amazed at how much he thoroughly discussed the procedure and all follow ups and pain and everything. I was quoted for a total of 2000 and ohip is going to cover the gland removal. Dr fielding said because of me having a great muscular shaped chest underneath that he had high hopes for the surgery.

Now all i need to do is gather the 2000 and make my surgery date. The wait time before the surgery is approx 1 month, which isnt bad at all.

Just sucks i wont be able to workout for about 3 weeks post surgery.

If anyone has any questions or anything please feel free to ask.

p.s

just because i have a decent body i am very shy and scared to remove my shirt still. It is a huge factor to me and makes me really uncomfortable :(

Offline sinaloa

• Posting Member
Get the surgery if you feel that way.

I had my surgery with Fielding last week and my only regret is that i didnt do the surgery 10 years earlier. 

I am thinking that the new me will change my life forever.

I watch that video regarding gyne with GB in it.  One of the things he states is that he did the surgery to rid himself of the DAILY stresses of living with the condition.  He is 100% correct.  it is/was a daily concern for me no matter what.  I think it will be somewhat difficult to transition my life into believing that i no longer have them.  being able to wear t-shirts and tighter shirts, swimming, vacations, etc.  These did not happen in my life over the last 29 years because of gyne.  I even went to Florida with my friends last year and wore a shirt on the beach.  All my friends were swimming, tanning etc.. and i stood there like an idiot making excuses as to why i didnt want to go swimming or take my shirt off etc.

I think back a lot on how it has affected my life over the last 29 years.  I was a good soccer player my whole life, but dreaded tryouts every year because the coaches would always want to play shirts vs. skins.  I would always find a way to get on the shirts team or have to ask the coach to put me on the shirts team b/c of the embarrassment.  I would wear shirts in the pool at pool parties, faking sick to many pool parties just to get out of going.  When i would go to hotels with friends i would always bring a change of clothes in the bathroom so that after i showered i could come out of the bathroom and cover up.  My friends would just walk out with shorts on and no shirt and i could never do that.  I could go on and on, but i am sure that many of you have similar experiences.

I think that there will be a lengthy adjustment period psychologically for me.

Good luck and trust me when i say you should all get the surgery if you suffer from the daily stresses of living with gyne.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Glad to hear that your consult went well...  ;)

The appt lasted about 20 minutes long, and in that time he asked me a bunch of questions about my past and future ideas. He even asked me about my schooling and what not.

I hear ya broh... JCF takes a sincere (however brief) interest in your life. A nice gesture!  ;)

GB...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

How do you feel (mentally) now? Being a week in...

For myself, it's almost 5 years post-op and it's like living within a dream... It still seems too good to be true that the curse has been lifted...

GB...

Offline sinaloa

• Posting Member

How do you feel (mentally) now? Being a week in...

For myself, it's almost 5 years post-op and it's like living within a dream... It still seems too good to be true that the curse has been lifted...

GB...

At this point, i feel like i still have them because of the vest.  I am trying to hide the surgery from everyone except my fiance.  She is the only one that knows.  Once the vest comes off in a few weeks i will make an attempt to wear a t-shirt depending on the swelling factor.

GB, i take it from your post that even now, 5 yrs later, you are still conscious of the old you.  For example, you still model every shirt when you it on to see if any breast is showing?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024