Author Topic: Positive thinking is the only solution  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Positive thinking is the only solution.

I've had gyne since the age of 11. I am now 23 years old. Since my teenage years I have suffered from depression, social anxiety, low self esteem and shyness. All this led me to problems not being able to keep a steady job, not being able to stay in school and being able to date women. I started using Cannabis about 4 years ago. Cannabis in a way helped me escape and cope with my problems of depression and anxiety. But at the same time I know cannabis made those even worse. It became like a vicious circle.

I suddenly started thinking positively last year. Made a commitment to myself that I would make the effort of improving my life. I was unhappy. And all I want in life is to be happy. I wanted to conquer my social anxiety, my depression, my addiction to marijuana and become altogether a more confident person. I knew that if I could do those things, I would eventually improve the aspects of my life that I consider the most important : School (get a university degree), Work (be able to keep a steady job), Love (get emotionally involved in a relationship).

All this positive thinking and new attitude coincided with my discovering the Under Armour compression t-shirts. As soon as I started wearing them I can honestly say my self confidence made a huge boost. It made summer 2007 not as painful as the previous ones. I joined the gym in April 2007 and played sports more than once a week. I lost weight. Looked better. August 2007 I got a new job that pays really well. November 2007 I got my first car. December 2007 I got accepted at a university.

I have kept my job for 5 consecutive months. I know it's nothing to brag about, but trust me that for me it's a huge deal. Things aren't 100% great, I still suffer from anxiety so everyday life is still kind of a struggle. But things are different. I feel a little better about myself. Wearing under armor everyday allows me not to obsess about my gyne 24/7 as I was before. Being able to keep my job steady allows me to make savings as well, as I am planning to have surgery done before summer 2008. Having a better overall attitude I have noticed more attention from women. 

There are some days however where I can't seem to see the bigger picture, things look more dark and hopeless and I seem to have a total lack of motivation. Maybe it's the depression. Maybe its because I still haven't been able to quit marijuana. I have to try really hard not to lose hope and keep going in the right direction and then finally I see the light again...

Not too sure what the point of this thread is. Maybe a way of saying to everyone out there that you need to have and keep a positive attitude because otherwise you are hopeless. Just think of it as a game of poker. You have been dealt cards you didn't choose. All you can do is play them the best possible way you can. No matter what the end result will be, atleast you won't fault yourself saying you didn't try.

Altough things have improved for me in the past year, I still can't say I have found happiness in my life. I am still, as the title of the great movie goes, in pursuit of happiness. Speaking of which, here is a clip from the movie that always helps me feel better when I feel down...enjoy! http://youtube.com/watch?v=A-2GJRixxRI&feature=related

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Not too sure what the point of this thread is. Maybe a way of saying to everyone out there that you need to have and keep a positive attitude because otherwise you are hopeless. Just think of it as a game of poker. You have been dealt cards you didn't choose. All you can do is play them the best possible way you can. No matter what the end result will be, atleast you won't fault yourself saying you didn't try.

Or you can fold your hand  ;)  just kidding.

It's great to hear you've turned your life around; clearly positive thinking is much better than negative thinking since that gets you NO where. 

GL

AntiGyneProANDRoGyNE

Or you can fold your hand  ;)  just kidding.

It's great to hear you've turned your life around; clearly positive thinking is much better than negative thinking since that gets you NO where. 

GL

Negative thinking isn't that bad always, when I get a "meltdown" I feel a lot better after that and get some energy to keep going on everything.

There's a sort of balance you have to have on postive and negative thoughts I guess :P

Offline chiguy

• Posting Member
Drug use and alchohol abuse I think are directly related to my having gyno, it helps you forget. Thats exactly how i tried to cope. The problem is that it's not a solution its fuel for the fire and brings you more problems, at least in my case. I smile when i look in the mirror after surgery because now i like what i see. Good luck with your op.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Hang in there and do your best to quit the alcohol and weed. They really fuel anxiety and mood problems. You may need to see a doc for that if it continues to bother you after you quit.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Great post. I'm glad to hear your doing better. Stay strong, and remember there are more of us out there going through the same 'emotional roller coaster' as you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024