Author Topic: How to use compression garments??  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Bryce720

I wanted to start off by saying hello and introducing myself, this is my 1st post.  I just got done with surgery 2 days ago with Dr Albin in Denver Colorado. Everything went awesome above and beyond, but that's another story I'll post with pictures later.

So typically Dr Albin use's a compression garment almost like a super wide ace bandage used for abdominal compression.  I knew after the 1st day there was no way I could wear this thing for at least 4 weeks.  I asked him about wearing stage 1 and stage 2 garments he said that would be fine.

So I called designveronique awesome company by the way got me fitted and shipped them out next day air.  Now comes my question when wearing the ace bandage thing I was to wear these 1/2 deep foam spongy things over the pec.  Am I supposed to still wear this foam with the new stage 1 compression garment or is that just with the ace bandage thing??  Is the compression garment enough on its own??  Thanks

Offline xelnaga13

I used the foam for several weeks. The more compression you can tolerate the better.

Offline Bryce720

Thanks for the reply.  I wore the sponge pads under the stage 1 garment and am getting a outline of a bruise where the sponge pad is sitting.  Kind of a outline of the pad.  Is this normal or is this too much compression.  Thanks

Offline xelnaga13

Thanks for the reply.  I wore the sponge pads under the stage 1 garment and am getting a outline of a bruise where the sponge pad is sitting.  Kind of a outline of the pad.  Is this normal or is this too much compression.  Thanks

That would be one for the docs on the site.

Offline Bryce720

Bump for one of the docs or someone who knows. Thanks

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
Obviously your doctor should have the final word, but I had the sponge pads on for 1 week and then they were removed by my doctor. It has now been almost one year and everything turned out fine.

Here is what my "sponges" looked like before and after 1 week (I assume these are the same as yours?)

1 week later

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024