Author Topic: compression vest for after surgery  (Read 3168 times)

Offline r2theb

Hi everyone after a little help on buying a compression vest. Booked in on the 15th with levick to finally get this chest sorted and move on with my life, i really cant wait but im struggleing a little with compression vest , size ,type etc.
 any help would be great i usaualy were a size large tshirt but not sure if a size M compression vest would be better. What did u guys do, by a smaller size or stick to ur normal size??? Also any recomendations on brand , type etc and best place to buy. Even if any one has a second hand one they woild be interested in selling id be up for that. Many thanks

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Hey, congratulations on booking your surgery. I had my surgery last month with Levick. I'm coming up to 4 weeks post op on Wednesday. I personally bought a design veronique Medium with adjustable hooks. Fit's pretty well and not uncomfortable at all. I would let you have my one but its got blood stains down the side from where I had a bit of leakage from under my arm and I think I'm going to wear my one for at least another two weeks. Just measure your chest and use the design veronique size guide. I was actually wearing XXL Tshirts because It hid my chest slightly. Can get a way with a medium/large now :). You might as well buy a compression vest, if you've paid £4000 for surgery, another 50 quid won't hurt.

Anyway best of luck with your surgery, your in excellent hands! Any more questions about surgery with levick, let me know.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
i have a M vest given to me by karidis... never worn as I had my own ones.. hit me with a PM if you want it (free of charge obviously)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I woke up in a small MaCom vest with karidis I was a small/medium in t-shirts. Smalls where reasonably tight fitting so I very rarely wore selected small t-shirts before surgery.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I got me vests from MaCom. I would advise you to NOT get a medium if you are a size large, these things are extremely tight and a smaller size wouldn't fit/would be very uncomfortable and restrict breathing. If you are still unsure, you could order a medium and a large and keep the best fitting one and send the other one back.

Incidentally, if you order off the MaCom site, you get 15% off if you enter the promo code 'MYBREAST', at least you used to.

Offline jam00

the mybreast discount still worked a few days ago when I ordered one.

Got a size Medium even though I normally wear a large... Too late to exchange now, hopefully my chest will be a medium post-op.

Offline r2theb

Thankyou all very much for your help and advice i really appreciate it. Iv ordered the veronique from euro surgical found a leaflet in the info from my consultation with levick. Thanks again for the help gents.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024