Author Topic: Tamoxifen without Prescription  (Read 2020 times)

Offline JC2014

• Posting Member
I was prescribed tamoxifen a few years ago when I had a gynecomastia flare up and it got rid of it within days. I haven't had any real flare ups since then...until now.

I saw my GP and they said they wouldn't prescribe me tamoxifen, and referred me back to the breast clinic. I've been through this process before and it takes months. I really want to get rid of my symptoms now, especially considering I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks!

I'm considering buying tamoxifen online. I know this can be dangerous as you can't be 100% sure of what you're getting, but I'm desperate! I'm not asking for advice on where to get any. My question is, if I fly from the UK to the USA, is it illegal to bring tamoxifen into the USA without a prescription?  If it is, and if there is any chance I'll be arrested or not allowed entry into the country, I won't even bother.

Thanks for your help!

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Why not just put the pills in one of those pillboxes and put a medicine label on the box that is from a different prescription you have.

Tamoxifen is a breast cancer drug, you're gunna be fine.

Offline JC2014

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply.  I had thought of such things, but I don't have any other prescription medication.  I also hear that you're supposed to bring a copy of your prescriptions with you when you go to the USA.  I know that things would almost certainly be fine, but I'm pretty paranoid!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have been in and out of the US (which is my home) several times over the recent years and I always have a good supply of my medications with me.

Because I never have more than a ninety day supply, It has never been an issue and I do not even get checked. The age of X-Ray at customs has made going through customs a snap.

I might add that I am 77 years old, diabetic, with Hyperkalemia, coronary artery disease, Peripheral artery disease, arthritis, BPH, Hypertension, Angina etc and I carry a lot of pills
Grandpa Dan

Offline JC2014

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies. I've decided I'm not going to risk getting into trouble as I don't want to be denied entry into the USA. I'm going to see another GP to see if they will prescribe me tamoxifen. Does anyone know if it's simply illegal for them to do so (even though I have previously been prescribed it by endocrinologist), or is it at the discretion of the GP?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024