Author Topic: Panicking : Marijuana related  (Read 8947 times)

Offline to-be-or-not-to-be

• Posting Member
hello,

my surgery was 7 days ago and i smoked weed today and im really scared. cuz i didnt want to but mi friends were having a goood time so i couldnt help it. I only took 3 puff and im high now.
So is this going to affect my journey of healing ?? Please help a brother.

Offline jackanonymous

• Bronze Member
no   :D

but stop smoking pot

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
TBONTB,

I had my surgery on same day as you. And have been smoking weed everyday since day 3 post op.  ;)

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
hahah yea i got my surgery yesterday and smoked last nite like 6 hours after my surgery and im smokin tonite.  hasnt affected me so far im sure ur fine.  looked at my chest today for the first time since the surgery and no bruising and minimal barely noticeable swelling.

Offline to-be-or-not-to-be

• Posting Member
oh okay good.......tnx for replying

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Smoking is only going to slow down the healing process a bit. If your in a hurry to recover, you aren't doing yourself any favours. If it's all the same to you, then keep on doing what your doing.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
i agree with you but only for tobacco smoking,  i think marijuana smoking as long as its not a blunt than  u should be fine in glass or a joint.  its natural there arent many chemicals in it as cigarette smoke. 

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
im pretty blazed right now haha and def reducing pain and taking my mind off all of it overall

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
hello,

my surgery was 7 days ago and i smoked weed today and im really scared. cuz i didnt want to but mi friends were having a goood time so i couldnt help it. I only took 3 puff and im high now.
So is this going to affect my journey of healing ?? Please help a brother.

If you do it once, probably not.  But if you keep doing it, i'd say yes.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline King_V

• Posting Member
... :-\

The fact that you undertook life-threatening surgery to overcome an irregularity...You continue to do something (smoke pot) that causes the irregularity... :-\

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
it doesnt cause it cuz if it did so many more ppl would have gynecomastia.  and most ppl develop gyne before they even know what marijuana is im convinced that its just a myth and was made up to scare ppl just like back in 1930's wen they said marijuana made white woman attracted adn sexually active to colored men.  yea thats a reason y its illegal america never did anything about it once it became illegal.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You continue to do something (smoke pot) that causes the irregularity... :-\

Is there any real proof that pot causes Gynecomastia?

"Gynecomastia has a number of causes, ranging from genetic syndromes to an unhealthy diet. One of the most widespread beliefs about this condition is that it can also be brought about by the use of the illegal drug, Marijuana.

Certain studies which were done on animals and humans have been reported to show that Marijuana use reduces levels of the male hormone, Testosterone. This can cause a number of things such as reduced sperm count, a shrinking of the testicles, and the outbreak of Gynecomastia. It indeed stands to reason that as male hormones decrease, the hormonal balance in the male body will shift towards the feminine side which will in turn initiate certain feminization changes in the body, one of which is Gynecomastia.

However, other studies have been unable to duplicate these earlier studies and some claim that the connection between Marijuana use and Gynecomastia is nothing but a myth. Still, you should know that the use of Marijuana bears a number of dangerous side effects which alone should be enough incentive to cease use of this illegal substance. As to the connection between it and Gynecomastia, further study is needed.
"

I know many guys who smoke their brains out every day...  Don't see any gyne on them. ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
You continue to do something (smoke pot) that causes the irregularity... :-\

Is there any real proof that pot causes Gynecomastia?

"Gynecomastia has a number of causes, ranging from genetic syndromes to an unhealthy diet. One of the most widespread beliefs about this condition is that it can also be brought about by the use of the illegal drug, Marijuana.

Certain studies which were done on animals and humans have been reported to show that Marijuana use reduces levels of the male hormone, Testosterone. This can cause a number of things such as reduced sperm count, a shrinking of the testicles, and the outbreak of Gynecomastia. It indeed stands to reason that as male hormones decrease, the hormonal balance in the male body will shift towards the feminine side which will in turn initiate certain feminization changes in the body, one of which is Gynecomastia.

However, other studies have been unable to duplicate these earlier studies and some claim that the connection between Marijuana use and Gynecomastia is nothing but a myth. Still, you should know that the use of Marijuana bears a number of dangerous side effects which alone should be enough incentive to cease use of this illegal substance. As to the connection between it and Gynecomastia, further study is needed.
"

I know many guys who smoke their brains out every day...  Don't see any gyne on them. ;)

GB

just wondering what the dangerous side effects are? im not trying to prove u wrong or anything just wondering cuz i dont find any and support marijuana fully.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Marijuana side effects can be as seemingly innocent as an increased appetite to as life threatening as lung cancer.. Like smoking cigarettes :) But let's be honest.. The only people that boast legalizing pot are users :D I think there are more advocates for glaucoma patients then there are for any other illness :P

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
just wondering what the dangerous side effects are? im not trying to prove u wrong or anything just wondering cuz i dont find any and support marijuana fully.

Actually, I did not write the text that is in blue. I found it on the Net. That's why it is in blue and has quotation marks...

However... here is a webpage that discusses marijuana side effects...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Marijuana-Side-Effects.html

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024