Author Topic: Panicking : Marijuana related  (Read 8937 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
believe the basic issue is that it affects the hormone levels that caused the problem in the first place.  i compare it to the fact that one cigarette probably won't give you lung cancer, but it ups your odds.  personally i hate gyne enough i wouldn't take any kind of chances, especially in the sensitive post-op period. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
Marijuana side effects can be as seemingly innocent as an increased appetite to as life threatening as lung cancer.. Like smoking cigarettes :) But let's be honest.. The only people that boast legalizing pot are users :D I think there are more advocates for glaucoma patients then there are for any other illness :P

try it before u knock it and u will see why mostly only users support it.  there have been many studies by credited doctors and professors that prove marijuana when used certain ways does not promote any kind of cancer including lung cancer and is found to stimulate brain cells and kill cancerous ones.  there are many studies that you should look up its a lot safer than what society says it is.  its very interesting def worth looking up. try www.norml.org

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I'd say Maybe ^^ only if its eaten or vaporized. The issue with smoking tobacco or weed especially is that they raise your heart rate and blood pressure. This is bad since your body is trying to seal off and repair all the capillaries damaged during surgery. You don't need any additional pressure within the vessels when they are weak. This is also why you should avoid strenuous exercise for a few weeks after surgery.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Marijuana side effects can be as seemingly innocent as an increased appetite to as life threatening as lung cancer.. Like smoking cigarettes :) But let's be honest.. The only people that boast legalizing pot are users :D I think there are more advocates for glaucoma patients then there are for any other illness :P

try it before u knock it and u will see why mostly only users support it.  there have been many studies by credited doctors and professors that prove marijuana when used certain ways does not promote any kind of cancer including lung cancer and is found to stimulate brain cells and kill cancerous ones.  there are many studies that you should look up its a lot safer than what society says it is.  its very interesting def worth looking up. try www.norml.org

Yeah.. The thing about studies.. Any company that does a study can say whatever they want. There are studies that say milk is terrible for you. If you look hard enough you'll find ones that will tell you the world is flat. Just cause it's a "study" doesn't make it fact. Weight loss pills are a perfect example.
I've used pot on more than a few occasions. I don't try to hide behind medicinal reasons as a reason to legalize it. Heroin and cocaine were introduced as medical drugs initially. At least they are proven do help. But by no means should be legal. The thing about legalizong pot is this.. In Canada, 1 of 3 drivers charged as impaired (with booze) were shown to have pot in their system (Government of Canada study). When combined it's not a good thing (for driving especially). Store clerks seem to have little issue selling cigarettes to teens.. So to entrust them with pot is a terrible idea. Government here would likely have legalized it if there was money to be made, but there isn't.

Legalizing cause of medical reasons.. Well, in Canada, the government allows medical uses for cetain circumstances. So, why do non sufferers want it based on medical reasons? By that logic morphene and demerol should be over the counter because it's legal for certain things.. I don't get the "because it's natural" angle either.. Opium is natural, in Central America, banana tree bark will screw you up.. But, that shouldn't be legalized, either.

LIKE I SAID.... I'm not against pot, I just dont think with the rate of drug/alcohol abuse these days we need to open the door to encourage more people, especially kids.

;)  I'M NOT TRYING TO PICK FIGHTS. I HOPE NOBODY TAKES THIS PERSONALLY  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:44:31 AM by DCBR78 »
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
i understand u, but would u rather have ppl getting killed over drug deals and dealers dealing to kids or would u have the government regulate it?  there was a guy on MSNBC who was talking about it and he added everything up and..if they taxed it we would make around 13.3 billion dollars a year in profit.  we spend billions on "the war on drugs" wen in reality that is the war.  we spend tons of money on it and its not helping anyone.  we need to stop sending ppl to jail for it. were filling up our prisons with non violent non criminal ppl.  i believe the best thing for marijuana is to legalize, tax and educate.  and the studies r done by credited professors and other sources and r proven they aren't random home scientists writing a study in their blog.  look around on the internet for them and u will find them very interesting. there was also a study on how it reduces surgery pain and i can vouge for that cuz i used it after surgery and it def helped with the pain and taking my mind off of it.

www.norml.org

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
i understand u, but would u rather have ppl getting killed over drug deals and dealers dealing to kids or would u have the government regulate it?  there was a guy on MSNBC who was talking about it and he added everything up and..if they taxed it we would make around 13.3 billion dollars a year in profit.  we spend billions on "the war on drugs" wen in reality that is the war.  we spend tons of money on it and its not helping anyone.  we need to stop sending ppl to jail for it. were filling up our prisons with non violent non criminal ppl.  i believe the best thing for marijuana is to legalize, tax and educate.  and the studies r done by credited professors and other sources and r proven they aren't random home scientists writing a study in their blog.  look around on the internet for them and u will find them very interesting. there was also a study on how it reduces surgery pain and i can vouge for that cuz i used it after surgery and it def helped with the pain and taking my mind off of it.

www.norml.org

Government regulation? Like alcohol.. Well regulated. Not like there is an epidemic of violent crime stemming from alcohol use, drunk driving, underage drinking etc. The only reason it is legal is because prohibition didn't stick. Let anoth "controlled" substance in the door and watch as the government quickly loses control.

The regulation/taxing is a TOTAL farce. The goverment won't make ten cents on that. People compare it to tobacco and that makes no sense. When cigarette prices go up, people go to native reserves to get them for less, or they cry to the government about the price. Why not grow tobacco leaves and make your own? Cause it's more complicated then that. Pot on the otherhand is rather braindead to grow and dry. Legalize it an people will just grow their own and sell it cheaper to people who can't be bothered to. That and (working in restoration and having restored multiple grow houses) I can tell you that people who grow it indoors are turning their homes into mold farms and can easily get sick or make their kids sick. Who ever thought the goverment would make money on this is obviously pro-legalization and not unbiased.

The "War on drugs"... I mean, up here the government is becoming a little more relaxed on punishment.. Mainly cause it's not worth the aggrevation in small quantities. So, there is an understanding that recreational use isn't their target. Again legalizing creats a problem that the goverment and police can't deal with. It's one more thing to "try" and test people for that are driving, it's one more thing that's more available to kids.. It goes on and on. People just need to keep their usage to themselves and be happy with the unwritten law that carrying a couple grams isn't going to be a big deal. People want it legalized for their selfish use and expect that the goverment will take care of all the resulting problems.

Again.. can't stress it enough.. Just casual conversation here. I love you all ;)

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
I'd say Maybe ^^ only if its eaten or vaporized. The issue with smoking tobacco or weed especially is that they raise your heart rate and blood pressure. This is bad since your body is trying to seal off and repair all the capillaries damaged during surgery. You don't need any additional pressure within the vessels when they are weak. This is also why you should avoid strenuous exercise for a few weeks after surgery.

marijuanna is a vasodialator so it increases blood flow to those damaged areas and thus increases oxygen flow as well... enhancing healing

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
Government regulation? Like alcohol.. Well regulated. Not like there is an epidemic of violent crime stemming from alcohol use, drunk driving, underage drinking etc. The only reason it is legal is because prohibition didn't stick. Let anoth "controlled" substance in the door and watch as the government quickly loses control.

The regulation/taxing is a TOTAL farce. The goverment won't make ten cents on that. People compare it to tobacco and that makes no sense. When cigarette prices go up, people go to native reserves to get them for less, or they cry to the government about the price. Why not grow tobacco leaves and make your own? Cause it's more complicated then that. Pot on the otherhand is rather braindead to grow and dry. Legalize it an people will just grow their own and sell it cheaper to people who can't be bothered to. That and (working in restoration and having restored multiple grow houses) I can tell you that people who grow it indoors are turning their homes into mold farms and can easily get sick or make their kids sick. Who ever thought the goverment would make money on this is obviously pro-legalization and not unbiased.

The "War on drugs"... I mean, up here the government is becoming a little more relaxed on punishment.. Mainly cause it's not worth the aggrevation in small quantities. So, there is an understanding that recreational use isn't their target. Again legalizing creats a problem that the goverment and police can't deal with. It's one more thing to "try" and test people for that are driving, it's one more thing that's more available to kids.. It goes on and on. People just need to keep their usage to themselves and be happy with the unwritten law that carrying a couple grams isn't going to be a big deal. People want it legalized for their selfish use and expect that the goverment will take care of all the resulting problems.

Again.. can't stress it enough.. Just casual conversation here. I love you all ;)

Prohibition doesnt work its obvious.  they can atleast find a different way of doing things.  u cant compare weed to alcohol at all unless ur talking about wen if there both legal, and u gotta face the facts weed is harmless.  i agree even wen its legalized there could still be problems with ppl but thats where education comes in.  whats the difference between weed being legal than alcohol?  alcohol is taxed and ppl buy it y wouldnt ppl that want weed? yea younger kids get there hands on it too but hey who didnt drink during highschool or college? and ppl can make it and also make alcohol.  theres not much crime over alcohol cuz its legal unless ur talking about ppl getting drunk and committing a crime, legalizing marijuana can cut crime down cuz it would be easy to get and not risk years in prison trying to get it illegally and so on.  wen ppl smoke it they dont get violent or anything so there is no crime committed.  you said ppl dont worry about having a little weed on them and same with cops not worrying about it.  your completely wrong.  if you get caught you can face a lot of trouble people dont wanna risk that even with small amounts, trust me ive been arrested for about a gram of weed and its not fun.  and cops do look for it not as much in a city but they do and they wouldnt mind arresting you to make some money.  We are filling up jails and sending harmless perfectly fine successful people to jail for no reason.  if they legalize it why would they have to worry about things?  its harmless!  People dont drive reckless when they smoke, but one of the reasons they dont legalize is cause there is no way to tell on the spot if someone is high and driving.  that is something i think they should do though if they legalize just to make ppl that are anti-marijuana feel better about the legalization.  even thought it wont make a difference.  and im pretty blazed right now typing this hahaha

Offline outertrial

One thing that is for sure is that smoking the miss mary-joanna regularly doesnt lead to a lifestyle thats conducive to an athletic figure and low bmi, or notable success in school or work, so should probably be avoided for that reason.

The only way a study could prove that gyne was caused by mj is if you got 100 people and fed them on water and bread for 10 years and another 100 people and fed them water and bread and made them toke their heads off for 10 years. And even then plenty of people would argue that cannabis only causes gyne when combined with a diet of water and bread.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
 u gotta face the facts weed is harmless

There is absolutly no fact in that statement. ANY non biased medical study, done by any CREDIBLE group will tell you that it has real side effects like most things.. Not even to compare it to narcotics. Lung cancer is a real side effect. It's not just the chemicals in tobacco that cause it. Marijuana side effects speed up the heart, blood and breathing rate. The body is taxed more and this speeds up the aging process just like methamphetamines do. Harmless? Hardly.. Again, it's nothing if compared to chemical drugs, but when you inhale anything burnt, you're going to get side effects.

i agree even wen its legalized there could still be problems with ppl but thats where education comes in.
Whats the lesson learned? Smoke pot responsibly? Come on.It's smoked to get high.. Some people do it to "relax" it's a great way to avoid actually dealing with problems. That can be the lesson learned  :P

whats the difference between weed being legal than alcohol?  alcohol is taxed and ppl buy it y wouldnt ppl that want weed?
Alcohol is here to stay regardless of what the government does. Abolishing things in this day and age will forever be harder then allowing it into the system. Again. growing your own pot and drying it is far from rocket science. I've done it enough to know that. The whole point is, if people can do it themselves, they sure aren't going to pay $10 for a pack of pot.

legalizing marijuana can cut crime down cuz it would be easy to get and not risk years in prison trying to get it illegally and so on.
Legalizing car theft would also cut down or crime.

you said ppl dont worry about having a little weed on them and same with cops not worrying about it.  your completely wrong.
Opinion based on where I live. I apologize for the generalization.

ive been arrested for about a gram of weed and its not fun.
Being arrested for something illegal isn't supposed to be fun, though. It doesn't matter if you think it should be legal.. If it ain't you're gonna be in trouble.

We are filling up jails and sending harmless perfectly fine successful people to jail for no reason.
See above response. Look being in denial about it being illegal or making a judgement in your mind that the law is unfair DOESN'T mean that it is a petty law. You break the law, you go to jail. Laws are in place for the greater good, they aren't designed for our individual convenience.

People dont drive reckless when they smoke

Funny you say that. In Canada 1 in 3 impaired drivers in 2006 were found to be under the influence of pot along with their booze. On it's own.. Well, I know enough people that thought it was hilarious that when they were driving high that they were driving half the speed limit.. Seems harmless.. Merge onto a highway going 30mph in traffic going 65mph and tell me what happens.
Alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and reaction time. These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

but one of the reasons they dont legalize is cause there is no way to tell on the spot if someone is high and driving.

Consider this. NOBODY of sound mind will deny that the COMBINATION of pot and alcohol increases the effects of both. So, how can anyone make a sound judgement on how much pot vs. alcohol they can consume? You can't. The legal alcohol limit becomes meaningless. So, are we supposed to legalize it and say "Figure it out later". If we did there would be NO way of being able to tell people what they can consume and be safe to drive.

I enjoy pot once in a while.. I do it accepting the legal concequence. Thats life.

I must ssay, I'm rather enjoying the debate. NO OFFENCE EVER INTENDED  ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:32:47 PM by DCBR78 »

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
u gotta face the facts weed is harmless

There is absolutly no fact in that statement. ANY non biased medical study, done by any CREDIBLE group will tell you that it has real side effects like most things.. Not even to compare it to narcotics. Lung cancer is a real side effect. It's not just the chemicals in tobacco that cause it. Marijuana side effects speed up the heart, blood and breathing rate. The body is taxed more and this speeds up the aging process just like methamphetamines do. Harmless? Hardly.. Again, it's nothing if compared to chemical drugs, but when you inhale anything burnt, you're going to get side effects.

i agree even wen its legalized there could still be problems with ppl but thats where education comes in.
Whats the lesson learned? Smoke pot responsibly? Come on.It's smoked to get high.. Some people do it to "relax" it's a great way to avoid actually dealing with problems. That can be the lesson learned  :P

whats the difference between weed being legal than alcohol?  alcohol is taxed and ppl buy it y wouldnt ppl that want weed?
Alcohol is here to stay regardless of what the government does. Abolishing things in this day and age will forever be harder then allowing it into the system. Again. growing your own pot and drying it is far from rocket science. I've done it enough to know that. The whole point is, if people can do it themselves, they sure aren't going to pay $10 for a pack of pot.

legalizing marijuana can cut crime down cuz it would be easy to get and not risk years in prison trying to get it illegally and so on.
Legalizing car theft would also cut down or crime.

you said ppl dont worry about having a little weed on them and same with cops not worrying about it.  your completely wrong.
Opinion based on where I live. I apologize for the generalization.

ive been arrested for about a gram of weed and its not fun.
Being arrested for something illegal isn't supposed to be fun, though. It doesn't matter if you think it should be legal.. If it ain't you're gonna be in trouble.

We are filling up jails and sending harmless perfectly fine successful people to jail for no reason.
See above response. Look being in denial about it being illegal or making a judgement in your mind that the law is unfair DOESN'T mean that it is a petty law. You break the law, you go to jail. Laws are in place for the greater good, they aren't designed for our individual convenience.

People dont drive reckless when they smoke

Funny you say that. In Canada 1 in 3 impaired drivers in 2006 were found to be under the influence of pot along with their booze. On it's own.. Well, I know enough people that thought it was hilarious that when they were driving high that they were driving half the speed limit.. Seems harmless.. Merge onto a highway going 30mph in traffic going 65mph and tell me what happens.
Alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and reaction time. These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

but one of the reasons they dont legalize is cause there is no way to tell on the spot if someone is high and driving.

Consider this. NOBODY of sound mind will deny that the COMBINATION of pot and alcohol increases the effects of both. So, how can anyone make a sound judgement on how much pot vs. alcohol they can consume? You can't. The legal alcohol limit becomes meaningless. So, are we supposed to legalize it and say "Figure it out later". If we did there would be NO way of being able to tell people what they can consume and be safe to drive.

I enjoy pot once in a while.. I do it accepting the legal concequence. Thats life.

I must ssay, I'm rather enjoying the debate. NO OFFENCE EVER INTENDED  ;D

first things first.  the person that said smoking marijuana doesnt lead to an athletic figure or w/e u said.  The most athletic ppl i know most playing D1 sports smoke marijuana almost regularly.  also i guarantee you most professional athletes smoke marijuana, mike vick, ricky williams and a shit load of other ones and i can guarantee that.  i for one thing am in shape and have played sports all my life and for the past 3 years on my high school lax team (im now in college) i smoked marijuana regularly during the season and had no problems.  i also had the chance to play in one of the top 10 D3 lax teams in the nation, but of course i wasnt the smartest in school.

broooo, i think ur just straight up against marijuana.  drinking one beer is worse than smoking one joint put it that way.  this is also an article from webmd stating its not linked to lung cancer..http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer    and i dont understand when your so against it, alcohol is so much worse for you.  there are no recorded deaths of marijuana yet thousands of ppl die each year from alcohol, prescription drugs, even caffeine! exercising also speeds up ur heart rate and breathing rate, its good for you.  marijuana just stimulates brain cells and actually kills cancerous ones.  how can u say its harmful because ur breathing in something burnt..yes it is in a way but than again i can walk outside and breath in the air which is soooo polluted and can have more effects on me than marijuana.

smoked to get high. yea who doesnt like getting high but were not hurting anyone in any except for ourselves if u wanna look at it like that and thats for us to make the decision wether to smoke or not.  legalizing it oesnt mean the gov't is forcing u to smoke it do wat u want.  also no if legalized they need to educate like they do with alcohol ever since health class back in like 5th grade they say alcohol is bad and for adults blah blah blah, atleast tehre educating ppl about it and the same could be done for marijuana but than again everyone is there own person if they wanna smoke marijuana let them there not affecting u in any way.

ppl would buy it trust me.  yea ppl can grow there own pot and its not easy trust me i just had 5 plants harvested. ask around ppl want the best bud they can get,  governmently grown bud will be the best bud.  its hard to grow the top strains and have them yeild well over an ounce and well over 18% THC trust me theres a lot more to it than just planting it and watering it, unless u want shitty ass weed or the chance of ur plant dieing. u also mentioned ppl would rather grow it than spend 10 bucks worth on pot, again if you want to grow decent marijuana atleast you know how much the supplies cost? well over 100 bucks. marijuana is also the largest cash crop in the US!!! LARGEST CASH CROP IN THE US!!!! HELLLOOOOOOO!!!! and im sure its the same for other countries.  ppl will buy it and i speak for most marijuana users trust me, medical marijuana patients already buy it through co op stores where its legal they dont buy it off the street.

legalizing car theft will also cut down crime? thats irrelevant.  legalizing marijuana will cut down crime!  think about how much less shady drug deals going wrong, ppl getting beat, killed for it, etc.

you the one that said getting arrested for a small amount isnt a big deal....it is.  "People just need to keep their usage to themselves and be happy with the unwritten law that carrying a couple grams isn't going to be a big deal."  you also mentioned that ppl want it legalized just because there selfish, ur completely wrong.  HEMP!!! is the root of marijuana, if marijuana was massed produced here in the US u know how helpful that would be for us?  in europe they have had a few cars already running on hemp oil!!!  we can make clothes and paper out of it!  we can use it instead of wasting our natural resources that make up our beautiful earth (which contains wild marijuana...yes god did put it on this earth.  there is actual marijuana that grows wild in the mid west called ditch weed.  gov't trys to cut them down just because they contain 1-3% of THC lol.

u said its denial and i just want it legal for the response to filling up our jails.  its true you just dont wanna believe it. i think your the one in denial.  theres plenty of facts online about our jails filling up with non criminals.  heres a vid for you.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYpt_H6g_44    also look up LEAP. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. you can learn alot from them and they know it (prohibition doesnt work) better than any of us on these boards.

about the driving thing.  there is a bunch of research on it that proves marijuana doesnt effect driving like most ppl think, look it up.  and again i think i speak for all users wen i say this but wen i drive high im a lot more cautious and drive almost better than i would sober and my reactions r not slow at all almost normal.  when you have to do something serious you can.  its almost like this, say your real drunk or even high and something happens and u have to talk to your parents or the cops or something its almost like a buzz kill you feel perfectly sober and can act sober and are completely fine.  i never said anything about being drunk and high while driving. "In Canada 1 in 3 impaired drivers in 2006 were found to be under the influence of pot along with their booze."  theres no way you can tell that they were high unless they said it, i know ppl that fell asleep in class and teachers thought they were high so they sent them to the nurses office for a drug test and they failed it cuz they smoked over the weekend but were completely sober in class and got suspended for no reason,  even though its under the "guidelines" in school i guess its still not fair at all.  and no i didnt say legalize it and figure it out later i know for a fact that its one of the reasons its not legal but i do think they should find a way to spot drug test before they make it legal.

im gonna go pack a bowl and relax with my friends not causing harm to anyone and enjoy the beautiful weather cuz i just aced my last final and im done school! hahah

EDIT: its also used for different religions. i thought ppl came here for freedom to practice there religion whether marijuana is legal or not. "The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says that the government cannot 'prohibit the free exercise' of religion, and so marijuana should be legal."

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:13:26 PM by iamenfuego »

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
first things first.  the person that said smoking marijuana doesnt lead to an athletic figure or w/e u said.  The most athletic ppl i know most playing D1 sports smoke marijuana almost regularly.  also i guarantee you most professional athletes smoke marijuana, mike vick, ricky williams and a shit load of other ones and i can guarantee that.  i for one thing am in shape and have played sports all my life and for the past 3 years on my high school lax team (im now in college) i smoked marijuana regularly during the season and had no problems.  i also had the chance to play in one of the top 10 D3 lax teams in the nation, but of course i wasnt the smartest in school.

Not me..

broooo, i think ur just straight up against marijuana.
I'm really not.. My beef is that there are a lot of non medical sufferers hide behind medical benefits as a reason to legalize it. I smoked quite a bit in my teen years and once in a while these days. While we obviously disagree on the legalization, I respect your point of view. I just truely believe that North Americans in general are WAY too irresponsible when it comes responsible usage of most controlled substances.

drinking one beer is worse than smoking one joint put it that way.  this is also an article from webmd stating its not linked to lung cancer..http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer    and i dont understand when your so against it, alcohol is so much worse for you.

A good read.. Unfortunately it's a tad dated and larger more recent studies have been done...
http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth/story.html?id=6aed2417-ea6b-4322-89ad-cbe473328a3c&k=18765

there are no recorded deaths of marijuana yet thousands of ppl die each year from alcohol, prescription drugs, even caffeine!
Theere are no deaths on record from marijuana overdose.. There are thousands from "accidents" where people were under the influence.

smoked to get high. yea who doesnt like getting high but were not hurting anyone in any except for ourselves if u wanna look at it like that and thats for us to make the decision wether to smoke or not.
I go back to the accidents blurb I did in my last post. vehicular accidents are definetly there. Studies all over the place prove it. Which is why I suggest that maybe giving everyone the right to choose isnt a good idea. I have no doubts you either do/think your senses are improved. NOT everyone is that way though.

legalizing it oesnt mean the gov't is forcing u to smoke it do wat u want.  also no if legalized they need to educate like they do with alcohol ever since health class back in like 5th grade they say alcohol is bad and for adults blah blah blah, atleast tehre educating ppl about it and the same could be done for marijuana but than again everyone is there own person if they wanna smoke marijuana let them there not affecting u in any way.

OK... As far as education goes. We all know the health classes are a waste of time.. But, that would be the obvious format to educate. If legalized, you'd hope they'd cover it.. Like everything else.
But, I can't stress and disagree more about not effecting others (under some situations). If they are driving. Thats one more person on the road that shouldnt be and could kill someone. If its at home or whatever, it's all good to me.

legalizing car theft will also cut down crime? thats irrelevant.  legalizing marijuana will cut down crime!  think about how much less shady drug deals going wrong, ppl getting beat, killed for it, etc.

It's really the same thing STATISTICALLY speaking. You make a crime legal and crime goes down. I'm not making a direct comparison to auto theft.   :)

you also mentioned that ppl want it legalized just because there selfish, ur completely wrong.  HEMP!!! is the root of marijuana, if marijuana was massed produced here in the US u know how helpful that would be for us?  in europe they have had a few cars already running on hemp oil!!!  we can make clothes and paper out of it!  we can use it instead of wasting our natural resources that make up our beautiful earth (which contains wild marijuana...yes god did put it on this earth.  there is actual marijuana that grows wild in the mid west called ditch weed.  gov't trys to cut them down just because they contain 1-3% of THC lol.

Ahh.. good old hemp.. Used for everything it seems. Of course there is always a viable product that does all those things better. Hydrogebn cars are zero emmision, solar energy is improving.. It;s all the same, there is nor miracle here. Using hemp is all good. But, nothing special. Stup[id necklace I had has a hemp string through it and broke  ;)

u said its denial and i just want it legal for the response to filling up our jails.  its true you just dont wanna believe it. i think your the one in denial.  theres plenty of facts online about our jails filling up with non criminals.  heres a vid for you.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYpt_H6g_44    also look up LEAP. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. you can learn alot from them and they know it (prohibition doesnt work) better than any of us on these boards.

Thats the thing dude.. I'm not in denial of anything. I don't think the punishment suits the crime.. Honestly, it's pretty harsh what some people get. But, Those people also need to live in reality.. Reality is that it's not legal. Illegal act = jail.. Sorry about your luck. Nobody has to like it or agree with it. It is what it is.

about the driving thing.  there is a bunch of research on it that proves marijuana doesnt effect driving like most ppl think, look it up. 

and there are 10 credible sources to the contrary for every pot advocacy website that says it's ok.

and again i think i speak for all users wen i say this but wen i drive high im a lot more cautious and drive almost better than i would sober and my reactions r not slow at all almost normal.  when you have to do something serious you can.  its almost like this, say your real drunk or even high and something happens and u have to talk to your parents or the cops or something its almost like a buzz kill you feel perfectly sober and can act sober and are completely fine.

;D I hope you're joking

theres no way you can tell that they were high unless they said it,
The thing around here is.. Since they are going to jail for the impaired, you get tested for other substances if you are suspected of being under the influece. While over the counter pee testing will only tell you if someone has used within days. Police and other drug agencies can actually be more thorough then that.. Just not on the scene.

im gonna go pack a bowl and relax with my friends not causing harm to anyone and enjoy the beautiful weather cuz i just aced my last final and im done school! hahah

Enjoy it my friend. Up here it's Canada day weekend and I'll be at home high as a kite enjoying the fireworks. Like I've said. I'm not against usage (from one guy to another).. I just don't see society around here as being responsible enough to open the door to it.

EDIT: its also used for different religions. i thought ppl came here for freedom to practice there religion whether marijuana is legal or not. "The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says that the government cannot 'prohibit the free exercise' of religion, and so marijuana should be legal."
Legalize opium then...

PS Best week around is from British Columbia and the Ottawa valley... GO CANADA!

Offline iamenfuego

• Bronze Member
ha, im goin out but ill continue the argument tomorrow or tonite wen im extremely fucked up lol not good but one thing about the driving u can say all the same stuff about alcohol except alcohol being worse cuz in no way does marijuana make u a reckless driver so i dont really see any argument in it.  but ill continue later or tomorrow

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
A wise man once said...

"Hey hey, hey hey. Smoke weed, every day."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024