Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
My surgeon said that my swelled areolas was hormonal and would go away eventually. He also said it would be a month before I'd get my final results. What more is there to happen? I have puffy nips, how will it get better if it's "hormonal"? (we're not talking about puffy because of gland, it's really soft stuff that's making it puffy)
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Again, my question is why didn't the surgeon point out your hormonal problems before surgery?

It seems to me that if you go into his office wanting surgery because of "the puff," then he should have told you that before surgery,  not afterwards.

Offline rcbrown23

My surgeon said that my swelled areolas was hormonal and would go away eventually. He also said it would be a month before I'd get my final results. What more is there to happen? I have puffy nips, how will it get better if it's "hormonal"? (we're not talking about puffy because of gland, it's really soft stuff that's making it puffy)

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Sounds like he's talking out of his @ss.

Blarney...post some pictures. Your posts are all the same, and no one will be able to help without more information - i.e. pictures.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
he seems like a good surgeon. He was very knowlagble about the subjuct of gyno, and he removed the majority of the hard mass. Also, he was very "clean" about it. I have minimal bruising and was back in school in 3 days without any problem. I had no lipo, just excision. What could "the puff" be if it isnt gland? I know what gland feels like and this "puff" is just too soft to be that.

Still though, I'm really worried that this is it, and it ain't gonna get any better. As I said, if I go into hi s office in a month (when he promised the final results) and the puff is still here, I am going to ask him to fix this "hormonal problem" through meds.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I agree rc,every post you have you play with words dude,just chill out a bit,let your body heal and post some pics so we can see what your talking about...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
he seems like a good surgeon. He was very knowlagble about the subjuct of gyno, and he removed the majority of the hard mass. Also, he was very "clean" about it. I have minimal bruising and was back in school in 3 days without any problem. I had no lipo, just excision. What could "the puff" be if it isnt gland? I know what gland feels like and this "puff" is just too soft to be that.

Still though, I'm really worried that this is it, and it ain't gonna get any better. As I said, if I go into hi s office in a month (when he promised the final results) and the puff is still here, I am going to ask him to fix this "hormonal problem" through meds.

Blarney, the gland is underneath the areolas. So, if you have puffy nips from gland, the nips themselves will be soft.. almost like they are filled with water or something. But, the gland beneath the surface of the chest is solid.
Nobody's nips feel like a golf ball.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I understand, but what actually makes the nipples puffy?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005

redundant posting that clogs up the board with the same thing asked 30 different ways

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
hey buddy, if you're surgeon fucked up your gyne and made it worse you would be as frantic as i am.

Offline Spleen

Blarney, you need to chill.  You're like the bull in the china shop.  I've never seen so many ups and downs in such a short time.  I know patience isn't in great supply for 15 year olds, but some might have come in handy before you rushed in to surgery and it might just come in handy now.  Give your body some time to heal and take up meditation or yoga or something else mellow.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
agreed...dude they tell you it can take up to a year for good reasons...

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
but i just don't understand the rational of it getting better. he said that the swelling was hormonal and it would go away on it's own. ok so what DID you do? in what way can it look better now that i know it's not swelled?

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
how do you know it's not swollen from the op dude?Ihad swelling & bruising for at least a month...

DrBermant

Puffy Nipples are a very vague term that means different things to different people.  On that link I try to define the many forms that puffy nipples can take.  The causes of puffy nips depend on the problem.  Firm healing tissues, scars, residual gland, fat, skin are just some of the many different possibilities.

That is why the problem is better defined with a series of standard photographs instead of just words.

how do you know it's not swollen from the op dude?Ihad swelling & bruising for at least a month...

Bruising and swelling after surgery also depend on the technique used, skill of your surgeon, possible complications, and other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
ok everyone, i've officially decided to calm down (except for an occasianal fit of anger). I'm just gonna assume this is post op swelling and it will go away in a couple months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024