Author Topic: is it true  (Read 3028 times)

Offline JUVENILE29

• Posting Member
Is it true that tamoxifen, rebound xt and raloxifene will decrease the gynecomastia?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:37:51 PM by JUVENILE29 »

Offline olderguy

• Posting Member
There have been some recent studies in Europe reporting good results with Tamoxifen.  See especially "Endocirne Treatment of physiological gyaecomastia: tamoxifen seems to be effective," in the British Medical Journal, August 9, 2003, volume 327, p. 301.  A more recent study ("The Role of Tamoxifen in the management of gynaecomastia") is forthcoming in the journal "Breast."  You can read these articles online if you have access to Medline through your library.

At the age of 64, I have recently developed tenderness behind both my nipples.  I showed these studies to my doctor.  He thinks that using hormonal treatments is dangerous, with potentially adverse long-term effects.  He says it were him he would rather have surgery than fool with hormone levels.  I suspect that I have had a mild case of gynecomastia all my life.  The pain and puffiness is of recent onset, however.

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
messing with hormon levels has still no links to a single death.

this includes anabolic steroids.

sorry no proof.

the only proof there is is that using androgens/anti estrogens has proven to reduce gyyno in clinical studies with 0 side effects

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The So-called studies that I have seen consist of evidence which is almost entirely anecdotal.  

Anecdotal evidence is like the letters and endorsements used to sell products of questionable worth.

I think there are more productive ways to spend your money.

I would welcome a good, scientifically acceptable, double blind, Study.
Grandpa Dan

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
This is just me, but Tamoxifen did not work for me sadly.

And Yes i was prescribed it.

Offline girlieman

• Posting Member
  • Bigger Is Better
    • New World Order
The So-called studies that I have seen consist of evidence which is almost entirely anecdotal.  

Anecdotal evidence is like the letters and endorsements used to sell products of questionable worth.

I think there are more productive ways to spend your money.

I would welcome a good, scientifically acceptable, double blind, Study.

Well said!
'I could never be a woman.  I'd spend the entire day playing with my breasts' - Woody Allen

Offline girlieman

• Posting Member
  • Bigger Is Better
    • New World Order
messing with hormon levels has still no links to a single death.

this includes anabolic steroids.

sorry no proof.

the only proof there is is that using androgens/anti estrogens has proven to reduce gyyno in clinical studies with 0 side effects

The large scale studies conducted involve female subjects only.  Other studies I saw had very small samples, like n=6 and in a really big study,  n=138.  The most that can be said is they are suggestive of tamoxifen's efficacy in the treatment of gynecomastia.  What is known about safety is that risk/benefit analysis says that  the only clear benefit is for women diagnosed with certain carcinomas.  While it is used as prophylaxis, the patient needs to be screened for susceptability to life threatening side effects.

The risks are high enough that the FDA mandates a boxed warning at the beginning of all marketing and prescribing information

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
anecdotal??
rofl, i posted the studies enough the last months on here.

there is nothing anecdotal about them

the actual hard mass was actually measured.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024