Author Topic: Calgary - Consult booked with Dr. Perron and Dr. Haugrud  (Read 7349 times)

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Well I've been reading the board for a few days now... decided to sign up and post.  I read about gyne after reading a bodybuilding article about it, and then the venture started.  I have a relatively minor case which I thought was just fat that would go away if I worked out more.  I'm 210 lbs right now... I remember when I was 230 a few years ago then worked myself down to 200 it actually did quite a bit in terms of reducing my chest.  But I have puffy nipples that are damn stubborn and won't go away.

So I booked a consult with Dr. Perron... I got lucky and someone just cancelled so I see him in the beginning of February/07.  I also called Dr. Haugrud and he also happened to have a cancellation, I see him March 21st for a consult.

I confirmed just today with the receptionist that Dr. Haugrud's surgery is completely covered by Alberta Health Care, including the excision, lipo suction, anaesthesiologist etc.  Not a single dime out of my pocket, which is cool.  Surgery would be 2 - 4 months after the consult.

I have somewhat of a muscular chest and am worried that taking away the fat is going to make an indent and look weird... all things I suppose I can discuss with the doctor.  God, it's going to take forever for March to come around.

Apparently Dr. Haugrud has done several of these surgeries, so I'm not worried.  Dr. Perron has as well, but he doesn't have before/after gyne patient photos... which I find weird.

Thanks for listening.

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
hey man...i'll be getting surgery done by Haugrud in January. It also sounds as though i have a similar problem as my nips are puffy more than anything. Hes doing the local anesthesia and jsut the excision..which he will probably suggest to yourself as well. I'll probly put some post op pics on here - thatll give u an idea i guess

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Awesome buddy... do you have any pre-op pics right now?

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Ah ok, doesn't look that bad.  My problem is puffy nips as well... with a bit more fat around the pec.  I'll see if I can get some pics.

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
ya pretty similar eh.. the way i see it is that i dont think i ( or you for that matter) need something as extensive as a full on "knock me out and suck out everything" surgery. It just the gland that fcks with me other wise itd look pretty norm. So if hes experienced with this kind of surgery (haugrud) i'll go for it.

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
My biggest concern is with permanent scarring... you hear some of these horror stories on here and it's like, should I get it done or not...  The one that really bothered me is about permanent indents in the chest that show when you're flexing.  When I flex right now, with my nipples hard I actually look quite good... I don't wanna mess that up.

Offline BlueBlazer

im from calgary i have a minor case but I want to be a wrestler and my body will be shown all the time im insecure about my pectorals so im thinking surgery might be the solution/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024