Author Topic: Do you care if your bras straps show?  (Read 1500 times)

Brdy64

I used to care, now recently I could care less. 

Dudewithboobs

Not really. I was talking to a co worker last week and my strap was bothering me. It’s become such second nature to just adjust it when needed. Just pinched the strap and pulled it back to the shoulder some. Probably just looked like I was scratching but didn’t really have any oh crap moment of hope she didn’t notice what I did. 
I’m not gonna wear a tank top and let my straps show or intentionally set my straps where they may be visible. I’m modest and make sure I’m comfortable   If someone sees them not too concerned. 

Offline blad

Generally I avoid having them show as much as reasonably possible.

If I am at some location where the chance of seeing anyone I know is nil then I am maybe a bit more liberal sometimes.  
If the bra fits, wear it.

Kazmage

I do try to avoid it but if it happens I don't stress about it no one has said anything to me about it and even if they did I wouldn't care 

Gino

Yes I do so I wear a sleeveless T under my button down shirt, and they're nearly invisible except for maybe the closest scrutiny. Hugs are a different  story :-)

Brdy64

My straps, yes l try to hide them. Now my breast, not so much anymore. My breast are just hanging there so if anyone pays attention you can see them. Without a bra they hang low and to the side. But in a bra they sit front and center for all to see. I was told once that all older men get boobs and it's natural to let them hang down, but strange to see them front and center. I know my breast can be seen when up front, but after all they are mine so I'll wear them where they are the most comfortable for me!

We have the right to be comfortable! Not long ago a clerk asked my wife if I was wearing a bra.  My wife looked her in the eye and said, well he has feet so he wears shoes and no one thinks a thing about it! The lady said oh, I'm sorry for asking but my husband needs one badly and l can't get him to understand it's just a piece of clothing for support.

So l think perhaps some people are starting to understand the need for support and seeing it as just support, just like shoes support our feet.

Charli
Yeah, mine rub my arms when I'm braless. They migrate east, west, and south. It's very irritating and does not feel good. 
If I am too have boobs, I want them up front where they belong. 

Kazmage

I don't like going braless any more as my nipples get chaffed raw and my back , neck and shoulders ache 
Plus more than once I have caught the girls under my arm and that hurts so much to the point thr Mrs says " that's what you get for going braless"

Brdy64

I don't like going braless any more as my nipples get chaffed raw and my back , neck and shoulders ache
Plus more than once I have caught the girls under my arm and that hurts so much to the point thr Mrs says " that's what you get for going braless"
Yup, it's better to keep the girls on a leash. 

Upfront

I prefer them hidden but am not concerned if they show.
Anyone meeting me face on would know I have a bra on any way

usetobeed

I keep them hidden. I don't mind having breasts. I kind of like them, and I regularly wear a bra. But I do my best to not let my breasts, or my bra, show in public. I don't have the total acceptance of gyne that some of you have.

Brdy64

"Acceptance of gynecomastia and acceptance of wearing a bra openly for support is different I think."
Yes! Absolutely!!
I have had breasts since my teens. I was diagnosed with gynecomastia then, also when I had breast cancer in 1989, and in every mammogram since. 
I accepted the gynecomastia years ago, but struggled all my life into accepting the need for a bra. I just couldn't get past the stigma. 
Granted my breasts in my teens was barely an A cup, it did grow and stabilize around a B cup for most of my adult life.
I could not bring myself to strap on a bra, well except once when I was a teen, and my cousin loaned me her outfit. 🙄
If I was still a B cup, I most likely would have never "strapped up". That doesn't mean I didn't accept my condition. I accepted it many decades ago. 
Truthfully I can only thank neck and back pain into making the leap into support. Growth hit DD for awhile, and I was in pain. Weight loss and support were what the doctor's staff suggested. Their idea of compression didn't work out well for me, but losing 45 pounds did get me down a cup, at least for now. However I'm down 50, but growing again. 🙄
Acceptance of gyno happened decades ago, acceptance of a 'bra' really about a year ago, and acceptance of my female side really only a couple months. 🤔

My need for a bra, and my female side had always be present. 
I just wasn't ready to accept it yet. 💁‍♂️ I can now 😍

Offline blad

I definitely found that once I discovered that I fit a bra and noted it actually felt better to wear one, it was a turning point in my acceptance.

I was more at peace with my breast development when wearing a bra. Maybe due to not being reminded of their tug and pull as much?

Gino

I definitely found that once I discovered that I fit a bra and noted it actually felt better to wear one, it was a turning point in my acceptance.

I was more at peace with my breast development when wearing a bra. Maybe due to not being reminded of their tug and pull as much?
Yeah, much the same here, except my GF is hot and cold on the issue. 

What's surprising is that on here many of us feel that wearing a bra feels better, affords some protection from chafing etc. while I've never heard of genetic females having protection and comfort issues wearing a bra. Quite the opposite, most seem to look forward to removing them.

The only remote connection to the need to wear a bra is their concealing embarrassing hard nipples with a bra. 

Brdy64

Yeah, much the same here, except my GF is hot and cold on the issue.

What's surprising is that on here many of us feel that wearing a bra feels better, affords some protection from chafing etc. while I've never heard of genetic females having protection and comfort issues wearing a bra. Quite the opposite, most seem to look forward to removing them.

The only remote connection to the need to wear a bra is their concealing embarrassing hard nipples with a bra.
My ex was adamant on always wearing a bra. Of course she was above average sized. Neck and back pain inflicted her constantly, even with a bra. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I used to care, now recently I could care less.
I dont but now a days there are a lot of women that dont care. go to a wwalmart or any other stor
. ihave seen women grocery shopping withe straps and band showing

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024