Author Topic: Arimidex question  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Zifnab

• Posting Member
Hiya,
I recently got surgery done for pubescent gyno and have a very quick question. During the summer (roughly 4-5 months ago) I took arimidex ~0.25mg/day for about 1-2 weeks. I was incredibly stupid and getting desperate to fix the issue in a non invasive way. I'm just wondering if taking the 2 weeks or so of arimidex can cause any potential effects to the final result of my surgery. I'm most worried about any estrogen rebound, an increase of estrogen or any hormonal changes.

Offline fairviewL

• Posting Member
Arimidex works by interrupting the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. If the same conditions exists now that were present when you started taking it, you wouldn't have a rebound effect as thought of in regards to steroid cycling but the conversion will start again, more than likely. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
 You know that awkward few seconds when your visit with the doctor is over and the doctor says: "Any Questions?"  That is when and where you should have asked that question.
You should be safe.  That is based on short usage of the drug at a modest dosage and the time since then.
For the future, you should be advised that managing the hormones that control your reproductive functions is not a good DIY project.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Zifnab

• Posting Member
You know that awkward few seconds when your visit with the doctor is over and the doctor says: "Any Questions?"  That is when and where you should have asked that question.
You should be safe.  That is based on short usage of the drug at a modest dosage and the time since then.
For the future, you should be advised that managing the hormones that control your reproductive functions is not a good DIY project.

I actually Relooked into how long ago from the date of surgery and it was more close to 2 months ish. Considering I have never taken anabolic or pro hormones, my estradiol levels shouldnt really rebound or anything? I mean, arimidex is used to treat the growth of breast tissue cancer patients, so is it okay to assume this won't negatively effect the results of my surgery by inducing a regrowth a couple months down the road? 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024