Author Topic: Why accept?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
The only time I was embarrassed was a few years ago when I expressed milk when the scanner compressed each of my breasts for imaging.
What?

aboywithgirls

It's ok. It's not unheard of but rare. It's a common occurrence in women of my age who go through menopause and their hormones are in fluctuation. My doctor confirmed this was similar for me. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Well, that certainly puts my own rather more trivial gynecomastia inconveniences in perspective! I knew that lactation was a possibility with the condition, depending on how things go with your hormonal balance, but having that happen during a mammogram must have been hugely unsettling at the very least. I do admire how you are able to accept that these things happen and just move on. That really is genuine acceptance, as opposed to my own attitude, which if I am honest is more about tolerance of the situation.

I guess the medical staff were used to this happening and would probably have been unfazed by it, but I think I would have been mortified if it happened to me. I will remind myself of this next time I’m worrying needlessly about my boobs or my bra strap being spotted when out in public.

aboywithgirls

I was more embarrassed than anything. It was definitely routine for the staff. The tech had a towel and wiped me and the scanner and gave me a stack of nursing pads for my bra so I didn't leak through. 

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Did you know you were lactating before then, or was it a surprise when you got your exam?

aboywithgirls

It was a TOTAL surprise! I had no idea that the additional volume was due to milk production. I didn't even realize that I had expressed until I saw my breast leaking and then I knew what had happened. 

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Man, I'd be freaking the #### out if that happened to me.  I'm already dreading the eventual day where I have to get a breast exam (mother and sister both had breast cancer) and now knowing there's a very slight chance of something like this happening?!

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
It would definitely freak me out, too!

I wonder how common this is? I’m guessing that it must be far more likely to occur with bigger breasts than with those of us who are less generously endowed. As a mere B-cup I’ve had nothing remotely like this experience, though on a couple of occasions I’ve noticed small damp patches on my bra cups often soon after pains or itching sensations in or under the nipples.

I’ve told myself that this is just a random occurrence that I don’t need to worry about. I figure that it must be something to do with glandular tissue developing beneath the nipples. 

Offline Johndoe1

As a DD I have never experienced this, but depending on how developed your glands are, there could be a possibility of some form of expression. Age also has an effect as well. 99% probably will never experience this. It's not that common. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline taxmapper

As someone new this post is no.2. So if there is any inappropriate aspect, my apologize ahead of time. 

historically speaking the breast aspect on men is quite old. Look at Buddha. 

Its the aspect of the other tangible aspects that has caused the consternation. 

For one, if one follows the bible, it is specific in talking about crossdressing. But I also think there is an aspect of overt sexuality being addressed in that aspect. 

The breasts are a part of the body period. The social impact of them is mostly a pop-culture aspect. Growing up in the 1970's and early '80's put me into that group of horny teenage boys who saw the boobs as a plaything and attractant aspect for boys to girls. (I have other aspects to that of my own regard I might talk about later).  But the jist was that boobs were a girl thing and guys got to play with them.  

Then I grew up.   

My wife is a Texas Redhead with a good portion of Irish and Cherokee in her. She is also a 40 DD/F cup and I am fully aware of the large breast issues. She can at times be a bit of a firecracker and lets me know her displeasure! 

Breasts in the historical aspect were also relished in some cultures and dismayed in others. But the hangup that the post WWII puritan society police held swayed the pop culture aspect in the US from the 1950's onward and the issue of man boobs was a taboo subject.  

Today with all the gender arguments going on were at a point where no one I think in most part really cares. The reason: 
Because we have been more aware of it we also are realizing that its been here the whole time. 

I am now wearing padded sports bras for a B cups that are steadily growing, and at firs the wife had issues but now muses a bit a good fun at my expense.  Even a friend of mine who prob. wears the same size bra just snickers and tells me.. "...you got em now, suck it up cowboy!" 

So not only acceptance, but I relish them and as another poster put up, hope they actually grow a bit more! 

DW20

Taxmapper - Welcome

Very good post from someone who is down to earth and well adjusted in their acceptance.
My own philosophy is that if you can fill any  bra without artificial aids you probably need to buy it and wear it. This applies to both sexes of whatever age.
Most of the male fear is between our own two ears.

If I buy clothes of whatever kind they are a man's clothing because I bought them and wear them!

Reference your Bible allusion. It is proscribing impersonating a woman  - Traditional Middle Eastern clothing varied very little between the sexes.
As a practising Christian I have no hangups about wearing any clothing that is comfortable.

"The kingdom of God is not meat and drink" (Bible) and it certainly is not about clothes either -  except for standards of modesty

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Good point. It is strange that society as a whole seems to have had such an uneasy relationship with women’s breasts over the centuries. At times celebrated and on show to all, at other times disguised or hidden away.

Not so surprising that male breasts are an even more complicated proposition where social acceptance is concerned. No wonder many of us struggle to become at ease with our boobs!

Taxmapper, you seem pretty relaxed in your attitude to your breasts, which I applaud. You are so right in your assertion that most of the male fear is between our own two ears. Understanding that on a logical basis is straightforward enough, it just takes some of us a while to adjust psychologically. 

Offline taxmapper

Keep in mind, I am as heterosexual as they come. 

I like girls! 

But when I was confronted with my own views by someone who held opposite views of my own, I naturally resisted the argument and prose they gave. 

But I did start to research on various subjects and sought out opposition views to my own. I also troll news sites from around the world on various subjects. This in part led me to be able to be comfortable with myself early on.  

I have now seen many multitudes of views of various subjects including body shape.  This seems more of a western thing than anything else.  Go look at news article in the Micronesia area (Guam and the Martial islands are part of) and pictures of men with rather large chests start to pop up. 
Same with the Middle East, Africa, etc. 

When I first felt my breasts start to grow, I knew exactly what was happening within seconds of the first pangs.  

Am I going to burn up $6500 on a mastectomy? 

No...  

There are many other things I can do with such amounts include make 5% interest on dividends, buy a Hasselblad, dress out the K75, et-al.  

But that's just me. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024