Author Topic: Can loosing a testicle cause gyno?  (Read 4640 times)

Offline newbie123

when i was an infant i had testicular cancer and had to have one of my testicles removed. For the last 4 years i have had gyno under both my nipples about 1 inch in diameter. is this caused by low testosterone from losing a testicle or is it from something more serious. I am 17 and have had gyno since about 13 or 14. i  definatly hit puebery a long time ago. it doesn't bother me, i think i look fine. but will it hurt me if not treated.

due to my past could this be dangerous?
is it an imbalance?
will it go away?

thank you

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
no losing a testicle will not give u gyne.

theres nothing unhealthy about having gyne, so it wont effect your health (maybe mentally if it bothers u, which it doesnt seem to).

its not a hormonal imbalance, its just something some people get, like freckles.

no it will not go away, its a gland or tissue under your nipple has developed and would require surgery to remove it.
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
In a way, I agree but also disagree. Gyno is caused because of a hormonal imbalance of estrogen. When there is too much, gyno will develop. When a testicle doesnt "descend" down like it should, that could possibly have something to do with it hormonally. But also take in to the fact, only one descending testicle isnt extremely common and yet people with 2 normal testicles, still get cursed with this condition.

Bottom line, stop worrying about HOW it developed. Work on how you can get RID of it. ;)
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

I am not a doctor and a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing but consider this.
1.      Gynecomastia is caused by an imbalance of testosterone to oestrogen i.e. too much of one or not enough of the other.  That is a medical fact.  It commonly happens around puberty and in most cases disappears within a year as the balance returns to normal.  If it persists after a year then it is more likely to stay for good if left untreated.
2.      Considering that men’s testicles are the main source of testosterone then I would say that one of the things a doctor would be looking at in a person suffering with gynecomastia is the level of testosterone in his body.  If that level were low then the testicles would again be one of the things to be investigated.  Most men who do lose a testicle for whatever reason, can usually produce enough testosterone from the remaining testicle.

If your gynecomastia bothers you I would suggest that you approach your doctor with your problem and make sure he knows that you have only one testicle.

Good luck and don’t worry.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Hypo-is-here

no losing a testicle will not give u gyne.

theres nothing unhealthy about having gyne, so it wont effect your health (maybe mentally if it bothers u, which it doesnt seem to).

its not a hormonal imbalance, its just something some people get, like freckles.

no it will not go away, its a gland or tissue under your nipple has developed and would require surgery to remove it.

This is completely untrue and very poor information.  In fact this is the kind of appallingly ignorant (in the dictionary definition- not insulting) information that can seriously mislead people.  I apologise if you find this offensive, but I must state the truth here.

newbie123,

The testicles are the production factory of testosterone and the loss of a testicle often has a significant impact upon testosterone levels and can and does cause hormonal imbalances in some men.

I know of many men who become hypogonadal due to the loss of a testicle via cancer or due to a lack of decent.

Gonadotropins increase to try and force the remaining testicle to compensate for what is lost, but this does not always adequately compensate and in fact information is coming to light that shows that this can predispose the individual to testicular failure.

People can either take me at my word on this matter based on the knowledge of my previous contributions to the site and on a little that I will provide or they can choose to think otherwise.  I will not be arguing one way or another as I have my own very significant time consuming concerns at this time.

http://www.androids.org.uk/stories.html

If you still doubt the above then ask here;

http://www.tc-cancer.com/

Somewhere you can gain additional testicular cancer support.

P.S

None of this means that you do have hypogonadism if you have had testicular cancer. What it does mean is that you absolutely should have an endocrine appointment and a thorough assessment.

I wont be adding anything to this thread but hope this is helpful

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
thanks for stating the truth hypo is here ;D, i wasnt entirely offended with your comments, but that ostentatious attitude got the best of you to say everything i said was completely untrue and that i was misleading people (to where?).

i dont honestly know if it is a hormonal imbalance that intially causes a gland to grow.  if it is it, it seems wrong to call gynecomastia a hormonal imbalance when a few years later your hormones become balanced, yet you still have gynecomastia.

theres no direct connection to having one testicle and getting gyne.  i shouldnt have said that it couldn't have played a part in newbie123's gyne, it's just unlikely.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:42:16 PM by monnom »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024