Author Topic: swimming?  (Read 5787 times)

Offline why245

I realized that I'm afraid to swim now
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:27:46 AM by why245 »

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
Exactly what kind of hostile reactions are you expecting?  :o

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i assume from the fact you're posting on this thread that your approach is acceptance.  if that's the case and you don't want an op, then your best approach is respecting yourself and not caring what other people think.  so if you want to swim, swim.  if other people stare, ignore them.  if they say something, as i've always put it, ask them if they make fun of kids in wheelchairs.  you have to make the decision for yourself how you react to it.  and if you decide you'd rather not and you're willing to do without the swimming, that's fine too, as long as you don't think anything less of yourself for it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
my very first post on gyne ever was about how cool it was that both removers and accepters could talk about the issue and still respect each other.  that was in 2003, probably years before you knew this or other gyne boards existed.  acceptance of others' views has been my attitude since day one, you're only just starting to open your eyes and see it.  

if you'd stop making fun of people on the other threads who want to get rid of theirs, you wouldn't have problems with delusional imaginings that everyone else hates accepters.  just look in the mirror.  stop accusing anyone who dares to disagree with you of being on the payroll of docs (if i was a moderator i'd have seriously considered banning you for lies like that), stop sneering at people for "chopping them off" all the time, although i know that's asking a lot of you, and it's amazing how much more clearly you would see the world and how much easier it'd be for us all to get along.  

edit:  in case anyone wonders, that was a reply to a post addressed to me that has since been removed.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:47:51 AM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline johnny125

• Posting Member
I haven't gone swimming in years, as I started getting self-conscious about my gyne. But I was never that much into swimming anyway, so I don't miss it.

Offline prevenue

I think that everyone has issues about their self image (no matter how perfect they may appear to you) and it's about doing something to bring about change for the better or learning to accept ourselves for who we are and not caring about what anyone else thinks! Life is too short so stop worrying and enjoy life....yes, easier said than done in the beginning but once you make that first step into change or acceptance, it will become so much easier as you continue! Happy living!
Get rid of your man boobs in 24 hours guaranteed:
Click Here!

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
I think that everyone has issues about their self image (no matter how perfect they may appear to you) and it's about doing something to bring about change for the better or learning to accept ourselves for who we are and not caring about what anyone else thinks! Life is too short so stop worrying and enjoy life....yes, easier said than done in the beginning but once you make that first step into change or acceptance, it will become so much easier as you continue! Happy living!

DITTO!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024