Author Topic: Cancelled surgery  (Read 3217 times)

Offline MrJason

• Posting Member
Hey guys,
I had surgery scheduled on 5/29 and I cancelled today, mostly because of this site.  My PS wanted to do vaser lipo only and remove the "hard buds" only if necessary, and I pressed for glandular excision, and he said do the lipo first and then a revision if needed.  If I'm getting this done, I want it done right, the first time!  I think he's a great PS from everything I've researched, but I don't think he does gyne work all the time.  That's just my impression.  I've been freaking out about this and called tonight and cancelled.
My gyne isn't all that bad, and wearing the under armour compression shirts have realllllly helped, so I'll stick with that for a while, and maybe do this next summer with a better doc.
Thanks to everyone on this site for educating me about this surgery!
-Jason

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
u lose a deposit

Offline jsbaz

• Posting Member
Smart Move!  I am going in for my revision next Thursday.  I too had Vaser Lipo only and didn't work at all.  This time my PS is going to do Excision and Lipo.  I wish I cancelled the first time too.  Now I have to go through it all over again. 

Find another PS.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Probably a great move bro. It takes a lot of guts and patience to do that. That surgeon has probably made enough money doing bunk surgeries.

Offline MrJason

• Posting Member
u lose a deposit

$100 consultation fee.  Not a big deal.

Offline gynenomore

• Posting Member
Thanks, bro.  The PS i consulted said the same -- VASER now and then excision (iff needed).

Wonder if VASER has huge incentives for PSs to recommend this way over lipo + excision methodology...

Oh well, have another consultation lined up with a well known (more $$$) PS.  Will see how that goes.

MickyG

Offline Kerpal

• Posting Member
I would definitely say you did the right thing.  If you don't feel comfortable with a doctor, you shouldn't go through with it.  This is serious shit, and you want it done right the first time.  I would've done the same.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024