Author Topic: Help  (Read 2152 times)

cody sockeye

When I'm looking for an endo to do my hormone tests, what should he/she specialize in? I don't think gynecomastia is the term for what they actually specialize in, but I could be wrong.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
Doctor of endocrinology should be enough. He/she has specialized in hormone issues. If you tell that you're concerned about gynecomastia and your hormone levels, he should know what to test.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, just tell the endo why you're there seeing him/her.  Let them figure out the rest.

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
Is there anything that can affect your hormone levels? Is there something I should stay away from (dunno, like beer, coffee, certain foods, etc.?) a few days before seeing the endo?

Offline outertrial

No. Just eat and drink what you normally eat and drink. The point of seeing the endocrinologist is so they can test your regular bloodstream.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Is there anything that can affect your hormone levels? Is there something I should stay away from (dunno, like beer, coffee, certain foods, etc.?) a few days before seeing the endo?

To get a true idea of your natural hormone levels I would suggest that you make no changes to your lifestyle prior to seeing the Endo.  Be open and honest in answering all their questions.  Especially tell them if you are taking ANY form of medication including herbal remedies or supplements.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline theblues

• Bronze Member
Thanks.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024