Author Topic: Anybody want to post some post sugery tips for us future gyne patients  (Read 3736 times)

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
What should we expect once we get out the cab or car  and  step into our apt/homes?  Im  just trying to  get a visual on what to expect once I get home from the surgery and some good advice.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
You'll be groggy and won't remember much about what happened on that day.  I was very hungry and ate about 1/2 lb. of barbeque pork and slaw as soon as I got home.   Just get a lot of rest and don't forget to take your pain meds for when the stuff they gave you during surgery wears off.  You don't want to try to "be a man" with the pain on that first day.  It takes the pain meds a lot longer to start working if you wait until the other meds have worn off to a point that you're needing something.  If you follow the directions on the pain meds for the first couple of days then you can probably switch to regular over-the-counter tylenol with no problem.  Use Tylenol - in other words, don't use any over-the-counter pain meds that thin your blood.  Your PS should give you a list of meds to avoid. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I had a similar experience as mr_nip although I wasn,t very hungry...jsut a little...but the moment I started eating I felt nauseous...so I ate very slowly with small spoonfuls...

like mr_nip said its very important you take the prescription pain meds *before* things start really paining or you will be in really bad pain for atleast 15-20 mins...I went thru that and it was horrible....I would suggest just take one the moment you get home from the hospital and eat some small snack with it and the pain will be pretty manageable. I took the maximum num of pain pills for the first two days (I think every 5 hours) and then reduced it to 2 per day. Also as mr_nip pointed out, its very important to only take Tylenol after the prescip. is over. to avoid any hematoma kind of stuff happening.

you will feel sleepy...but try to move around periodically to maintain circulation....the worst is sleeping on ur back if u are not used to it....the pain etc is manageable.

DrBermant

What should we expect once we get out the cab or car  and  step into our apt/homes?  Im  just trying to  get a visual on what to expect once I get home from the surgery and some good advice.

Each patients' expericences depend on the problem to be treated, skill of the surgeon, type of anesthesia, skill of the anesthetist, and other factors.  I use professional artists that, like myself are perfectionists for members of my team. 

You can find an extensive individual patients' experience with comfort and my Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for gynecomastia here.

If you prefer direct links to each of those discussions:

anesthesia and comfort in gynecomastia patient from California

anesthesia and comfort after revision gynecomastia surgery in patient from Hong Kong China

comfort and anesthesia in physician's son with gynecomastia

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Florida

comfort and anesthesia in gynecomastia patient from Illinois

comfort and anesthesia with gynecomastia patient from Texas

comfort after gynecomastia surgery with patient from Colorado

comparing comfort and anesthesia of my revision surgery with prior gynecomastia surgery in Florida

comfort and anesthesia in patient 4 hours from Richmond with gynecomastia

parent of teenage patient with gynecomastia commenting about comfort after surgery

comfort after gynecomastia revision surgery on patient from UK

comparing comfort of my revision surgery to prior gynecomastia surgery done in NY

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
Thanks alot Dr. Bermant  thats alot of useful info

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024