Author Topic: Help! (M, 26, Gyno, Previous Steroid Use, Sore Rt Breast, Back pain)  (Read 6750 times)

Offline djcorbs

• Posting Member
Hello,

I'm male, 26, with gyno in my right breast. It is noticable when I look down at my chest and it hurts all the time.

I used steroids in highschool, but not severe. I've had extreme tendernous in my right breast for about 1 year. I've been to the doc and they did a mamogram on me, diagnosed me with gyno but didn't prescribe me anything or refer me to an endo doc. I live in Colorado.

I heard some people say hormone imbalances can lead to back pain and joint pain. I severe back pain and some joint pain.

I'm 6'2", 160lbs. My moods are stable. My sex drive is normal. I'm able to hold an erection and have sex 2-3 times per day. My diet is fine. My energy is low though (I usually just accept it as laziness).

I'm seriously considering taking nolvadex or clomid (in low doses) to see if the pain will go away. I'm not confident that my doctor will prescibe it, but I'm going to try before I order it online somewhere. The swelling and growth isn't to the point where I think I have to have surgery, but I want to stop it before it gets worse.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Help!!

Th :-[ank you

DjCorbs
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 05:59:46 AM by djcorbs »

Offline djcorbs

• Posting Member

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
djcorbs,

Sorry to hear about this. But the good news is there is a solution.

Yes, using an anabolic steriod induces gynecomastia by converting testosterone into estradiol. Estradiol is the estrogen that gives girls their feminine curves and of course, boobs.
Once a person uses steroids it shuts down the bodys own feedback loop and your body quits making testosterone on its own. After stopping the steroid use, it may be some time before your body recovers and produces on its own again.

While insurance usually does not cover this surgery, citing that it is cosmetic, the fact that your are in pain in the developed breast could possibly pave the way for a free ticket to surgery if you have insurance.

Concerning the pain in your joints and body. Yes, body aches and pain are a symptom of androgen deficiency and hormonal imbalances.

But doing surgery without getting your hormones in order could cause the gyno to come back. Thats why I think you should get a complete check out with the doctor. Its important to know your androgen levels and estogen levels.

What city in Colorado do you live?

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
On second thought, your 26 and have obviously been out of high school for 8 or 9 years now. Suddenly this just flares up? Something had to trigger it. Any recent prescriptions? increase in alcohol use? Did a doctor prescribe you Lipitor or some other cholesterol lowering drug?   

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Third thought. Hyperthyroidism can induce gyno and would be accompanied with body aches and fatigue. Have you had your thyroid checked?

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
How bad can life be when your having sex 3 times a day......lol

Offline djcorbs

• Posting Member
Thanks skyhawk. I'm going to my GP today to have him recommend me.

I have not had my thyroid checked. I don't take any weird medicines. I do take asprin, aleve for pain, zantac for heartburn and claratin for my food allergy to msg.

ddaavviiddd - life is good for the moment when I have my girlfriend around. i think i'd die of early age if I were around her every day...  but on the weekends, i can hold my own... its the day that I worry about when she notices I have a boob...

Offline djcorbs

• Posting Member
oh, and I live in Colorado Springs.... anyone know of a good surgeon or endo doc?

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Zantac does have some association to gynecomastia. It doesn't have to be a wierd drug. Over the counter stuff can be to blame. this is not to say that the Zantac is the cause of your Gyne, but antacids like Zantac and tagamet have been blamed  for causing gyne.

I can't help but notice your height and weight. 6'2 and 160lbs. that is pretty thin and makes me more suspicious of the hyperthyroidism. At least rule it out.

the endo can check your thyroid, testosterone, Estradiol, etc, and get a handle on what might be going on. try to find out your testosterone to Estradiol ratio.

If there is a hormonal problem, correcting the problem could possibly, maybe, might resolve a minor case of gyne, but don't hold your breath for this. If one of the over the counter meds is doing it, then stoping the medicine might resolve the gyne. but once again its a big maybe, but worth a try.

If there is no obvious cause then surgery is the only option, then do what ya gotta do. there was a guy on this site that used a Dr. Albin in Denver and was very pleased with the results. there are other good surgeons too. I am not aware of anyone in colorado springs, but check it out.

Sex 3 times per day? 

Offline djcorbs

• Posting Member
like I said, on the weekends when my girlfriend is around...

i've always been really thin... ever since i was born...

my doc is sending me to the lab for the following tests:
- CBC
- Comprensive Panel
- Pipid Panel
- TSH
- Testosterone
- Estradiol
- FSH
- LH
- Prolactine

Any others I should demand?

I've stopped taking all meds...

Thanks for the advice.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
tsh by itself is only one peice of the thyroid puzzle. A very important test, but, without Ft4 and Ft3 the test is incomplete. A person could have t3 toxicosis and your doc could miss this. Relying on tsh alone is a dated practice. Current diagnostic flow charts use tsh, ft4 and ft3.

Let me guess. you can eat whatever you want and you don't gain weight. 

Offline Will6815

I just shot you a PM, I too am located in the Springs and I just had my surgery done by a great doctor up in Denver. Although I'm only 2 days post-op, I'm pretty happy with the results and the overall care given by this doctor. I learned about him on here, if you search for a user name of Denverguy, or something similar, you can find a pretty good success story out about him. I did a ton of research and decided that Dr Albin was the best choice for my situation and location. He's right in line with everyone else on his rates, and seems rather knowledgeable and experienced in all things related.

Oh, and his office staff is awesome. They're such a friendly group of people that they make you feel like one of the family from the first minute you walk in.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info on this doctor and his procedure.

Will

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Great post Will. Keep us posted about your progress. Glad to hear you are happy. Posting photos after you heal up would be most appreciated.

By the way, my 14 year old son wants us to move to colorado springs. I would actually consider it. Were are looking at it on the net right now.

Offline Will6815

I'll have to look around and see if I can find some before photos, or maybe I can get Dr. Albin to email me the ones he took. I'll take some 5 day post-op pictures this weekend. I would say that my case was moderate to severe, well the muscle I had put on behind it made it really stand out. I got my first look at it last night when I removed the gauze for a shower, so far I'm very satisfied.

Will

Offline djcorbs

• Posting Member
Guys - I thought I'd let y'all know about something. Over the last week, I've cut out all medication (claritin, zantac, aleve and asprin). I also changed my diet to eat nothing but vegetables in the evening (coliflower, brocolli, carrots, squash) and I started taking a multivitamin. I've also avoided anything that might cause my allergy to flame up. Well, last night I was suprised to feel that the swelling in my right breast had gone significantly down and it was less painfull. Mind you, the gyn is still notecable and it still hurts like hell... but it was better.

I don't know if it is at all related to my actions, but this either tells me the growth is being triggered by something (medicine, food or my allergy), or my hormones are on a periodic rollercoaster and it'll just come back next week. As I type this, my right breast is definitely sorer than last night, but the inflamation is about the same. We'll see.

Will - I'll hit you up on the Dr.'s info after I go to the endo. It'll be about 2 weeks before I'm able to go because I'm traveling. I have however found his info on the web. Thanks for the help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024