Author Topic: Weird Nipples  (Read 8763 times)

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
My nipples don't have the usual creases, inversions, etc. that are usually seen. Right now they are just "loose" and when they tighten up even the areola protrudes off the skin, if that makes sense. I am only wearing my compression vest at night now since it has been 4 weeks now. It looks great in the morning, but by bedtime it look almost as puffy as it used to. Would this still be down to swelling and fluid, which is why the vest helps?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Saw the PS about it, but he didn't really give me a straight answer and told me just to give it time. He said later on they could try steroid injections to try and "shrink" the tissues. Does anyone have any experiences with this?

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
think hes refering to cortisone which can be injected into scar tissue to "melt" it so that it can be absorbed.

most would have thought most swelling would be gone down as people are told they can start wieght training again after 4 weeks however no doubt you will get the fob off from your surgeon of "wait and see if it gets better" as it does take months to full heal.

it might be worth getting a stage 2 compression vest to wear in the day? they are like the ones you have after surgery only they are slip on (like anormal vest so it wont show it your wearing a t-shirt) and with less compression if i can remeber correctly. some doctors say this can help reduce scaring and such, and so if it is sweeling, wearing the vest all the time wont have any negetive affects, but could reap rewards.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
thanks man! would a tight under-armor type shirt do the same thing? I have some of those left over from MMA and football, so I could try those I guess.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
shameless bump ;D

Has anyone else had experience with their areolas shrinking/tightening over time?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
beginning to think that I spent a lot of money and didn't solve anything.

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
loving the shameless bump  ;D

when i had my surgery done, (20 days ago), after i took the bandages off my left nipple was perfect, but alas my right nipple is still a little puffy. was told by the surgeon when i saw him that it was just a lil bit of liquid build up and it would reabsorb. but im still waiting on that lol

i know the main reasons for puffyness are, gland (obviously), liquid build up, and also in the later stages scar tissue.

if it looks good in the morning then i doubt it would be gland, as as soon as you remove the vest and your nipples become relaxed (e.g not erect) they should return to normal.
liquid build up is a possiblity, but i would have thought you might have notices a little swishing feeling when you walk or go down stairs.

No matter what the problem is, the only thing you can do for it is to keep wearing your vest and go see your surgeon. i know that sounds a bit of a cop out, but they are gonna have a better idea of your individual case.
anyone on here would just say massage it regularly, and keep wearign the vest as this is the only thing you can do to reduce liquid build up/ scars worsening wihtout seeing your surgeon.

if it is liquid or scar tissue, just pray it goes down. but if its something else, (excess skin maybe?) or gland left behind, then you should go see your surgeon, but they would just say "give it time as it takes a while to see results"  :-\

so pretty much mate its a waiting game as to whether they get better or not. one can only suggest:

Go see your surgeon as they will have a better idea of what it is then anyone over the net

keep either wearing your compression vest, or a stage 2 one, ive herad under armor being used before, but its gotta be mega mega tight or there is no point. and it should never be used in subtitute for your normal vest at night.

massage them regularly, as if it is swelling or fluid build up this will help reduce it and aid reabsorbtion via the lymphatic system.

i have read on here people have said their nipples while puffy to start with, shrink, but usually its over time as swelling goes down, over periods of time.

now i realise your frustrated but htere is no use getting depressed on something you cant change. if it indeed is something extra (like skin or left over gland) your surgeon may be able to do a revison but you gotta wait for a few months to see final results, and if it is something like fluid or scaring then it will also take time to heal/absorb.

in the mean time, if your surgeon just says you have to wait and see, you could start doing soem more wieghts, and maybe try and improve your body so that once your promblem does get sorted out you will look awesome.

hope this helps.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
still look the same  :-[, will take some more pics in the next day or two and put them up in my story.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024