Author Topic: Post Op - Back Pains!!! arghh  (Read 4472 times)

Offline nuttynuts

• Posting Member
hey guys

im 2 weeks post op and everytime i wake up after a long nights sleep, my back is very very sore and feels like it needs to be 'cracked' like really bad.. i sleep on my back.. would it be okay to sleep on my side?

ive been very stiff with my garmet on.. im sorta scared to stretch or use my chest muscles at all.. what do yas think?

Offline Pearljammer

• Posting Member
i have the EXACT same problem haha, don't really know what to do. i suggest you continue sleeping on your back untill the swelling has completely gone down. but ask your doctor to be safe

Offline broadsidebrother

• Bronze Member
I slept Normaly right after my surgery, Mayber just a lil more sensitive when I woke up but went away a few minutes after.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
tbh ... I think its fine to sleep on your side/front because you've got a compression vest on anyway!!!

Offline nuttynuts

• Posting Member
its been like ages since ive posted that ;p

i sleep on my side now.. on my back however.. i dont need to wear my compression vest any more nerr nerr  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

a lil hint to the others wearing their vests atm.. dont give it up.. its worth it

TRUST ME  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

yay for no gyno!

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
How long did you wear yours? How often?

Offline damianz

• Posting Member
Well, I just had my surgery yesterday  :)  And I woke up this morning with the aforementioned back soreness.  I can tell today will be more difficult to slog through than yesterday (I felt *fine* after surgery... Just a little stiff when reaching for things).

I'm sure the back pain/soreness will lighten up.  Thanks for posting your experiences guys.

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
I had my first appointment (post op) today, and I was told I could sleep anyway I chose. Doesn't have to be on your back.

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
I beg to differ matty.  When your fresh out of surgery or at least until 2 weeks have past, I think you should sacrifice your normal sleeping patterns and lay on your back.  Here's why..Of course you can't lay on your chest for obvious reasons, but think about it.  If you lay on your side your blood will flow to that side, and your full chest will in small but relevant ways not get the proper amount of oxygen and nurturment that it needs.  The blood vessles in your chest need an ample amount of blood circulating through them to heal the surgical area, using the oxygen in the blood to do so, but if a disproportionate amount of blood is lacking then healing might be affected/slowed in certain areas.  Now I know you might think this is a crazy assertion, but just think about it. 

Offline Henry

• Posting Member
hey guys

im 2 weeks post op and everytime i wake up after a long nights sleep, my back is very very sore and feels like it needs to be 'cracked' like really bad.. i sleep on my back.. would it be okay to sleep on my side?

ive been very stiff with my garmet on.. im sorta scared to stretch or use my chest muscles at all.. what do yas think?
yeah,  I had chronic back pain for the whole of the first 10 days. all this from sleeping on my back as it was too painful to sleep any other way. by night 10, the pain had gone and had my first nite on my side. slept like a log and backache rapidly went away. now over 2 weeks post op and not wearing the vest in the day, you'll find massage will help the blood re-circulating thru the chest. this'll help break down scar tissue.

Offline RSXracer

• Posting Member
i have the same problem! the bandages make me want to hunch over and it makes it worse. i sleep on my side now and its awesome to sleep again. i went 4 days with like 3-4 hours of sleep. not fun.

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
lol yeah i had never slept on my back before surgery so after it was really hard. it wasn't even my spine that hurt it was like my insides and it lasted a while after i was awake. after a couple weeks i got used to sleeping on my back and it didn't hurt. stay on your back though and wait it out, its the safest position. after a month you should be fine to sleep how you want.
for me its a month & 1/2 and i sleep on my side again but sometimes the pressure feels weird, i think its the scar tissue under.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024