Author Topic: hematoma  (Read 3902 times)

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 got a freaking huge  hematoma  on right  right, , 3''x2'',,, stick way out, doc says it will go away after a while, months perhaps. I am a little pissed,  after operation they  did not have  a  compression garment my size so they made  something that did not work well out of ace bandages and foam.

I am looking  into a  method of  breaking up  this hematoma ..... this  thing is sooo hard and  big, may take a year to dissolve

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is one of the risks of any surgery. I'm sorry that you have to endure this, but anyone having any type of surgery should know that this is a possibility.

Even if you were aware of the possibility in advance (Did you read everything on the Surgical Release Form?) it is a rather rude awakening.

Hopefully it is not causing you too much discomfort.

I had a hematoma in the groin last year after an angioplasty. I told my wife that I felt like I'd been in a train wreck. Ever the helpful bride, she assured me that I looked like I'd been in a train wreck too. Not really what I wanted to hear. The hard knot will reduce slowly and one day to your amazement it will be gone. It seemed like it took a long time then, but in retrospect it really wasn't a long time at all. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:52:25 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
hemetoma is a collection of blood???

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
It is one of the risks of any surgery. I'm sorry that you have to endure this, but anyone having any type of surgery should know that this is a possibility.

Even if you were aware of the possibility in advance (Did you read everything on the Surgical Release Form?) it is a rather rude awakening.

Hopefully it is not causing you too much discomfort.

I had a hematoma in the groin last year after an angioplasty. I told my wife that I felt like I'd been in a train wreck. Ever the helpful bride, she assured me that I looked like I'd been in a train wreck too. Not really what I wanted to hear. The hard knot will reduce slowly and one day to your amazement it will be gone. It seemed like it took a long time then, but in retrospect it really wasn't a long time at all. 
i knew it was a possibility, but it  could have been  avoided if I was  fitted with a  real compression   garment instaed of  foam and  ace bandages

Offline orlando20

• Posting Member
I actually preferred the ace bandage to the compression vest(s) that I was given.

The compression vest didn't fit me very well at all and I seriously went through 3-4 of them.

I can't help but to feel that had I used the ace bandage in the beginning that I wouldn't have developed the hematoma I developed on my right side but I can never know for sure.

Anyways, daily massage of your hematoma will make it gradually make it go away.  Be patient!  Mine wasn't very large and after a month - 2 months of massage it's finally starting to go away.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024