Author Topic: 1 week post-op - Nipples Inverted- Pics  (Read 5040 times)

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
Its been 7 days since my surgery. I had lipo and gland excision.  My chest is flat but my nipples look a little deformed. The nipples have a bit of a crease and are inverted in the centre. When I went to have the dressing removed 3 days after surgery, the doc seemed very confident about what he saw, and happy with the results. He told me to not worry and not to judge the results for atleast 6 weeks.. better 3 months. He said there is a cavity under the nipple where there was dense gland, and it will fill up eventually. I'm hoping for the best. Anybody have any views on this. The blue sutures you see in the pictures are meant to dissolve on their own. The ends of the suture have been tied together across the nipple. The main reason for me to have the surgery was to fix the puffy nipples and not so much the fat. I did have about 100ml of fat sucked out altogether on both sides and about 55gm of gland excised on each side. So I hope my nipples dont look worse than they originally did. The rest of my chest looked very good till yesterday when my muscles were relaxed and when I was standing straight. When I flexed my pecs, or bent down, you could see a slight unevenness in the chest. However, today, the chest contour does not look too good. I believe I have some more swelling today, especially to the right side above my right nipple. The pictures attached have been taken today. Any comments shall be highly appreciated. As you can guess, I am very anxious and nervous about my final results.

Offline randomname

• Posting Member
i'm thinking the profile pics are good enough that even just a little recovery of the nipples will lead to great results.

It seems to be fairly common on these boards that inverted nipples do correct themselves after some time. If your surgeon is happy, then he's probably seen it before.  8)

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
In your post, right after you stated that your plastic surgeon said not to judge the results for at least 6 weeks, you proceeded to rip the result apart.   Please listen to your surgeon and DO NOT JUDGE your result 7 days after surgery.  You are not being fair to your surgeon or yourself, and you'll drive yourself crazy.  He told you that for a reason.  It takes a good 6 to 8 weeks for your tissue to heal, for swelling to resolve.

I'm sure you'll be fine in time, but you need to be patient.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot for your advice Dr.Pope. I just wasn't expecting to see my nipple like that after surgery. Hope it sorts itself out with time.

Offline jurex

• Posting Member
hey monk  congrats mate the results are very good and it will improve .

can u plz tell me the cost of surgery and individual costs breakup of things like tests and vest etc

Offline jurex

• Posting Member
hey monk how r u ? thanx for reply

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024