Author Topic: Bumped out Nipple - Scar Tissue? Photos Inside  (Read 2531 times)

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
So I'm 5 weeks post-op and since surgery, my left nipple has looked strange.  I only had bandages on it for 4 days after surgery. 

I'm wondering if there is not enough taken out, or maybe it is just scar tissue.  But it 'bumps' out.   

Has anyone else had a similar experience with a nipple?  If so, what happened to it over time?

Peep the pics.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
5 weeks is still pretty early to see the full results. What did you get done?
Did you wear a compression vest after your op?

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
Yeah compression vest for 4 weeks 24/7.  Now I'm wearing it nights for another month.

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
mine aren't exactly "bumped out" but yeah they stick out in the bottom and get inverted in the midddle. I am presently 9 weeks post op. I do have some scar tissue under the nipples as I can feel the hard lumpiness. Also there is a very slight soreness there. you can see my pics in my post "8 weeks post op- nipples folded". I've been told to wait for a few months to let it sort out completely. My doc's asked me to start massaging the area and slightly squeezing the nipples so I'm pushing the sides in.

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
Anyone else have this problem or opinions about it?  I'm 6 weeks now and it is not changing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024