Author Topic: Amphetamine and gynecomastia  (Read 3428 times)

Offline frank_the_tank

• Posting Member
I'm just asking for a friend who had excision and lipo done, and it is strictly for knowledge-purposes,

is it possible to have gyno from amphetamine? I read a post about adderall but I try to google it and can't seem to find any useful information on the subject. Is it as *dangerous* as drinking alcohol, or smoking marijuana (I'm being ironic here). Anybody have any information on the matter? What mechanism will aggrevate gynecomastia if amphetamine is taken?

Anybody have facts/information/links?

Merry christmas everybody.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you check Dr. Bermant's site, he has a list of drugs that increase the odds of having gynecomastia.

I don't think you'll find the kind of specific information you are asking for, but it would be a good beginning.

With the obvious exception of Estrogens, there is not usually a direct cause and effect relationship but simply an indication that the drugs MAY cause the estrogen level to be higher than usual or the testosterone level to be diminished.

Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
amphetamines work on the beta receptors.... i would be suprised to see a direct link from an amphetamine to gynecomastia.

as for the safety of it, amphetamines can be quite dangerous to the heart as well as neurochemicals in the brain if abused

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024