Author Topic: post surgery nipples still low?  (Read 1964 times)

soljah808

im about 1.5 weeks post op, i was wondering if my nipples will eventually be higher then they were before..my chest is really flat now but my nipples seem to be in the same spot. willl this fix itself over time? or do i need to get a revision surgery? how much would one of those cost

DrBermant

im about 1.5 weeks post op, i was wondering if my nipples will eventually be higher then they were before..my chest is really flat now but my nipples seem to be in the same spot. willl this fix itself over time? or do i need to get a revision surgery? how much would one of those cost

1 1/2 weeks is very early after surgery and swelling can obscure results.

When excess skin of the male chest exists with gynecomastia, removal of the gynecomastia alone does not usually lift tissues.  Instead, further deflation of the skin can further lower hanging tissues.  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift deals with both the extra tissues of gynecomastia and the lower nipples and hanging skin.  The best chance of dealing with drooping tissues is the first operation. 

Waiting to see how tissues evolve is important in any case.  For some, revision surgery is an option.  Revision surgery is usually more complex and difficult and tends to be more expensive than the Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline scott6459

• Posting Member
I'd say it took me about a full month before I thought my chest looked 'right' in terms of where nipples should be, etc.
Actually, it took 5 weeks before I felt truly happy about the surgery.
I started to exercise about 4.5 weeks after surgery, and that's when it all
'came together'.
I am about 7.5 weeks post op, and it still gets better every day.
However, the real turn around was about 4 to 5 weeks post op.

Try really hard to calm your nerves and any dissatisfaction at this point.
It is WAY too early. For now, let your body heal.

soljah808

alright man, thanks for the advice, it really does get better everyday and hopefully the scar tissue, extra skin and excision markings take care of themselves..im happy i got the vest its a real pain to wear the ce bandage

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024