Author Topic: 2 weeks post NHS surgery, moobs look the same  (Read 1947 times)

Offline sirmoobsalot

Hello everyone, its my first post so i hope you can help.

After years of waiting i finally had a bilateral mastectomy in the UK on the NHS, the thing is the breasts look exactly the same as they did before the surgery. They are still large but harder than before the surgery plus i have lost all sensation in one nipple. The wound is healing ok.

Am i correct in thinking its fat tissue because there was no lipo done?

If this is the case can i get rid of them with diet/exercise ?, Im overweight but I have an ok BMI. The breasts are far from proportionate to my level of fat.

I think i have to go private after all

Any ideas?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
The successful cases I read about where only excision was performed are the cases where the person had a very slim or athletic body. The cases which I've seen on this board where the patient was overweight and had excision alone, the result didn't look that great. I would assume that if your gland is gone and you were to get really fit that your chest would benefit, as well. That may be incorrect though, because I've read some doctors on these boards who say that the gland does get "mixed in" with the fat, thus necessitating the lipo. In the end, I guess getting in shape definitely won't hurt you, and its best to have this procedure done at your ideal weight. See what it looks like once you've lost some weight, and then decide whether you need to go the private route.

Offline sirmoobsalot

Thanks for the info dondante, it seems as though i wasted my time, i dont know why the NHS agreed to do it if they knew what the outcom would be. I will lose weight and see, its not looking promising though.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024