Author Topic: just had cortisone shots.....  (Read 4341 times)

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
3 months post op. lots of build up of scar tissue, more on the right side.

just had the injection, more was put into my right side. the scar seems harder now than before. doc said that i'll notice it break down in about a month, and to go back after two months if i want more injected. he didnt want to put too much in at a time to avoid an indentation.

will update as i notice changes!!

any other experiences with cortisone? or any other kind of shot for scar tissue?

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
hey be sure to keep us posted on this! I am supposed to have the same thing done on april 9th.. would be very interesting to see any changes

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
its not as hard today as it was the first day. last night applied some castor oil and rubbed it into the scar. that has subsided alot.
its not protruding as much either. so seems to be a little bit of an improvement!
im excited!

• Bronze Member
ah good stuff! i cant wait haha.. my right side is good but my left there is some scar tissue (hoping it is).. if i had the left looking like the right id be so happy right now.. everythign is going well, just some loose skin which im not worried about

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
hardness is getting wayyy better, its now more pliable..? and softer, but still there. skin still protruding because of the tissue buildup inside.

Offline silverback22

• Posting Member
hardness is getting wayyy better, its now more pliable..? and softer, but still there. skin still protruding because of the tissue buildup inside.

keep it coming bro, this is great info and help for us contemplating this route... nice one...

• Bronze Member
i just got some cortisone shots.. so ill try to update you guys with my experience too..

the dr said it stings..... but apparently i dont even have feeling back in my chest yet so it was all good

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Are you guys going to your GP for these or the PS that did the op?

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
confused_satisfaction..... he said the same thing to my. ive been going to my ps, he administers the shot in his office. he said it would sting, but i didnt feel a thing.
still slowly going down. the castor oil is helping break down the hard tissue. its still there and some sticking out, but its slowly feeling and looking better and better.

definitely worth the shot! and no side effects that im aware of.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
Update:

Its been well over a year since my surgery, almost approaching two years in December and i can honestly say that things are EXACTLY the same as they were before my surgery, except now i'm left with hard lumps underneath my nipples.

there was always puffiness that i thought would subside slowly, by altering my diet, my exercising more etc, but being only 5'9 and 175 lbs, i'm by no means overweight and have quite a bit of muscle on my frame. that said, my swollen nipples make my chest stick out more than my stomach. its quite annoying.

ive had a total of 4 cortisone shots to help reduce the perceived scar tissue, but with my last visit with the doc, he thinks that i may have grown back some of the breast tissue. this last shot should last a few months (i'm also doing the castor oil massage and that really helps break down the tissue inside, although i'm not so consistent with it, and the resulting softness doesnt last - it doesnt lead to a flattening of the chest just less hardness) if nothing changes, he suggested that another surgery may be needed, although this time the area would be frozen instead of me going under.

this message is being posted as an FYI for fellow surgery goers, as well as insight into whats going on. would i need to see an endocrinologist? see another surgeon? this was done free of charge and covered by the Alberta health care system, but im at a point where i do not mind paying the extra money to have this corrected now and forever.

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024