Author Topic: Dermatix and similar products - any good?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Swenip

• Posting Member
Hey i'm 16 months post op and my scars are still very visible, they are still a bit hard and bumpy. My doctor told me i could try a scar-cream called Dermatix which should flatten the scars and make them fade, the cream should work on old scars and mine seems to still be in the healing stage since they have changed alot in some areas over the past 8 months.

My question is has anyone tried Dermatix or other scar creams? Do they work?

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
I used mederma on a very terrible 9 inch long scar that I received from an accident and it has really helped to soften it and change the color.  It has been 4 years now, and I am convinced part of it has totally disappeared now.  This stuff can be found at just about every drugstore, but the downside it is pretty expensive.  I think I remember it being like $18 a tube.  When I searched for it to make sure I spelled it right, I found a $2 printable coupon for it on their website, so you might want to try that out!

http://www.mederma.com/
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024