Author Topic: Elevated Liver Enzymes  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Background:  Just did Chest X-Ray, Mammogram and Blood Work at Kaiser Permanente.  Hoping to get surgery covered by Insurance. 

Bloodwork came back and got a call from Dr's Office.  They are concerned about elevated Enzymes in my liver.  I'm 35 yo, drank too much for the last few years (mid 2003 - present) - not makin excuses, but I was medically retired from the Marine Corps (served 11 years) after being wounded in Iraq and used it to "escape".  I have history of mild steroid use - pills and shots - about 6 months total in my lifetime.  Also had Epidural Steroid Injections after I broke my back in an accident in 98 and they had me on Motrin 800mg for years.  Additionally, I've used protein powders, Amino Acids, Ephedrine, Ripped Fuel, Hydroxycuts, etc.  for a long time.  I also take Pseudoephedrine and claritin for sinus headaches.

So, I'm a mess, even though I feel and "look" healthy (Gyno aside).  Hopefully the damage I've done isn't TOO bad and I am making immediate changes to combat this problem.  Started a fruit and vegetable diet today to try and detoxify my body.  I go in Monday to go over the test results with the Doc.  The more research I do on the Elevated Liver Enzymes the more I think this has something to do with my Gyno - many websites say one of the side effects is enlarged breasts/tissue.

I'm glad I found this website - as the gyno (and the rest of my problems) are difficult to discuss with people.  Anyone else go through anything similar in their "Gyno" journey?

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
im interested to hear how the doctor visit goes what can they do for elevated liver enzymes i might check into getting my enzymes checked

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
I'll post about the Dr visit on Monday.  I've read that Milk Thistle can help with Liver Enzymes, though I'm still in the "research" phase and won't have a complete plan of action til I discuss it with my Doc.  I'll certainly share any info I find.

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Okay, back from the Doctor.  Seems the Liver enzymes were elveated, but not as bad as it previously sounded.  No alchohol or tylenol for amonth and then a new blood test to see how it's going.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024