Author Topic: Working out Post-Op  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
Can I work out 2 weeks after my operation if I weight train with a spotter? I have been stretching and it doesn't seem to be hurting or anything, and I have been waiting to devote this summer entirely to dieting and training. So I would like to get into working out as soon as possible. This friday is when they will be taking out the stitches and removing the patches on my nipples, and that is when I would like to start working out again. I will take precautions and make sure not to do any exercises that makes my breasts or nipples hurt or feel like they're stretching. Will this be okay to do? I don't want to ruin my surgery by any means, but I have other self image issues that have to be addressed as well such as gaining weight, and this summer is the best time to do it, so I want to use as much time as I possibly can for training.

Once again, will this be alright if I work out this early post-operation?
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
Have you talked to your surgeon?

Offline bangkok tommy

If you want to damage yourself through your pure vanity then go ahead, it's your body. I didn't go to the gym for 3 months after my op.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what they said.  it probably varies some depending on the invasiveness of the surgery, , but you usually hear more like 4-6 weeks.  once you're there, ease yourself into it gradually. 

you're body's just been through the meat grinder. why ruin an expensive op by tearing it up before it's had a chance to heal?  you damage it, a ps might not be able to fix it again and you could be worse off. 

be patient.  we're too used to impatiently demanding things to be fixed with one pill or to be done in five minutes.  see what your ps says, but seriously.  you've just spent how many years with gyne and you can't wait another 2-3 weeks?  relax.  it won't kill you. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Spleen

I was back at the bench press in 10 days with no problems at all. YMMV.

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
it was a couple months before my ps said im clear to workout

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Oh I forgot to mention, I will be doing every other muscle EXCEPT chest. I'll wait another two weeks 'till I start benching again. Will it be okay if I work out every other muscle but chest?

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
For the most part, just keep an eye on things. Personally, I would wait for at least a month. When you are lifting up the bar to do squats for example, lifting up the bar would be pressure on your chest (depending on how thigns are set up).

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
I have a squat machine anyways, so that won't be much of a problem. I'll make sure to take out the exercises that do a main muscle and partly chest, too. I'll also take it slow for a month or so. I have just been so motivated to be hitting the gym lately, and I've been waiting for summer to come so I can devote it entirely to training, so it would just be a shame if I have nothing to do for a few weeks until my scarring is healed. I don't think it has to do with blood pressure, because my doc said I could work out legs (squats, leg press, etc) 1 week post op, and seeing as legs are the largest muscle group, I'd think that they would have the biggest effect on blood pressure.

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Also, I only had puffy nips, so there was no lipo or anything done, I can move my arms in any which way and it doesn't even effect my nipples or breasts. I didn't have a full-blown girls breasts gyno so I had no swelling at all, no bruising or anything. I had no pain post-op and didn't even need the tylenol with codeine that was prescribed to me. I think I've been healing fairly well and will be alright to train muscles other than my pecs. My first work-out will be on friday, I usually do chest and biceps together, but since I won't be doing any chest, I'm doing biceps alone. I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
play it safe  :-\ 

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
any updates?
how did the workout go?

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Nah, I decided to take it easy and not screw up $5000 worth of a confidence booster.

I'll be starting my workouts in 6 days. Then, it will be 4 weeks post-op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024