Author Topic: how soon is it safe to hit the gym ?  (Read 2327 times)

Offline split66

• Posting Member
How soon is it safe to hit the gym ? I know everyone is different and should listen to their body but is 2 weeks post surgery too soon to start back on cardio - treadmill/bike/rowing machine. I was told to leave weights alone for at least 4 weeks which I can understand. Can anyone share their experiences of hitting the gym post op.

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
How soon is it safe to hit the gym ? I know everyone is different and should listen to their body but is 2 weeks post surgery too soon to start back on cardio - treadmill/bike/rowing machine. I was told to leave weights alone for at least 4 weeks which I can understand. Can anyone share their experiences of hitting the gym post op.

The general time period is 6 weeks I believe.
Some people however are already back in the gym after 3 weeks. It depends... I started hitting the weights again after 7 weeks (since last Friday). Haven't experienced any pain in my chest during the workout.
You should decide for yourself if you're ready. Your surgeon can also advise you on this.
I know when I was 2 weeks post op I wasn't even thinking of going to the gym :-)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024