Author Topic: Still not quite there after 6months  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
Well before surgery I saw threads like this and brushed it off thinking that will never be me. Now it looks as though my worst nightmare is slowly becoming true.

So can I get a straight-up answer, don't sugar coat it. If I am about to round the 6 month mark and I'm still not quite satisfied with the results, should I give up all hope? I still seem to have just a bit of scar tissue in my left side and it still hurts slightly when I pinch it. Good sign? Bad Sign? I have heard that it can take up to a year for final results no?

My right side is OK, better than pre-op but I guess after surgery since Im a fairly skinny dude I figured I'd be sporting the Brad Pitt Fight Club chest  :-\.. Some reassuring words would be awesome right now

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Relax. It can take up to a year to achieve final results.

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
Thanks donjoe....It's just VERY easy to get extremely discouraged when in the beginning you tell yourself "wait until 6 mionths, wait until 6 months wait until 6months..." now it's "wait until you hit 1 year, wait until you hit 1 year..."

Get what I'm saying?

Offline radio

• Bronze Member

My right side is OK, better than pre-op but I guess after surgery since Im a fairly skinny dude I figured I'd be sporting the Brad Pitt Fight Club chest  :-\.. Some reassuring words would be awesome right now

The consensus is that final results are seen after 12 months. However, having reasonable expectations is important—both before the surgery, and while you heal. I'm sorry to say, but the procedure will most likely not give you a Brad Pitt chest. Moreover, even in the instance that you never had Gynecomastia, you'd still likely be unable to attain a chest equivocal with Brad Pitt's. That's just genetics. Sorry to say.

Offline MEND1

• Posting Member
I have the same issue, but recently stumbled onto a post regarding kenalog injections. Steroid shot that shrinks scar tissue, allowing the nipple to lay flat. Ask your ps if he recommends, if not familiar seek out a physician who has some experience (injected incorrectly could equal bad news).

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13299.0

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
im 7 months post... my right pec is good, my left isnt 100%...  on a given day it has some fluid under the nipple and then if i massage it more fluid rushes to the area and it is quite swollen for 2 days, then goes back down.

I believe i have scar tissue on the left pec and when i massage it rubbs on the surrounding tissue and causes inflamation. I can say though it is getting better, slowly but surely.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024