Author Topic: Question about compression vest (+Photos)  (Read 2790 times)

Offline kurku

First of all, sorry for my bad engish.  ;)

What is the main goal of wearing a compression vest?
Does the compression vest has direct effect on the final result, or it just accelerate the healing process?

My doc. recommanded me to wear a back belt instead of the traditional vest. From your expirience - does it matter? to be honest, the back belt compress very well and the vest compression is moderate. However, the back belt is very uncomfortable. What do you think should i wear and for how long?

Modify:

Another 2 questions - should I avoid some foods or alcohol for preventing another gynecomastia?
It looks like my breast swell a littel bit from the surgery day (5 days ago). Is it normal phenomenon? Will the swell decrease?

I am a quite thin guy (179 cm X 68 Kg).

Thank's a lot.

Back belt:

My vest:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:45:39 AM by kurku »

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
Well, I have never worn a back belt before so cant really tell how well it hugs the chest.

The compression vest that I am wearing does look very similar to what is shown in the picture (although strangely over here it has been depicted being worn by a woman!)

MY compression vest is quite tight. When I had worn it the first time, it was VERY TIGHT, but fortunately it adjusted to my body contours after a few days.

The only reason I could think why docs recommend compression vests is because they hug the chest in a very natural way, and keeps the skin under it cupped to the chest. This allows the skin to stick back to the underlying tissues after liposuction. Even if you were to move ur hands around, it would hold on to the entire chest area much better than a belt which could slide up too high or too low, thereby stretching/pulling the skin away from its natural neutral position. But tht is just my opinion. I am no expert, so I could be wrong.

Hope that helps.

Offline kurku

Thank's a lot for your help.
Some more replies?

I've uploaded some photos. do you think it's swelling, or is it close to the final result? I expect to see my chest flat - is it reasonable?
Thank's again.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:48:53 AM by kurku »

DrBermant

First of all, sorry for my bad engish.  ;)

What is the main goal of wearing a compression vest?
Does the compression vest has direct effect on the final result, or it just accelerate the healing process?

My doc. recommanded me to wear a back belt instead of the traditional vest. From your expirience - does it matter? to be honest, the back belt compress very well and the vest compression is moderate. However, the back belt is very uncomfortable. What do you think should i wear and for how long?

Modify:

Another 2 questions - should I avoid some foods or alcohol for preventing another gynecomastia?
It looks like my breast swell a littel bit from the surgery day (5 days ago). Is it normal phenomenon? Will the swell decrease?

I am a quite thin guy (179 cm X 68 Kg).

Thank's a lot.

That vest you linked to is designed for a woman as a full coverage support bra. It is terrible for after male chest contouring surgery. It relaxes where there should be more pressure. It actually does not provide a great deal of support for a bouncing woman's breast, I have been asking for an improved version for years.  Poor garment support can be a factor in swelling after surgery.

You can learn more about After Gynecomastia Surgery Chest Compression here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024