Author Topic: Yellowishnes on chest??  (Read 2691 times)

Offline u_free_luv

• Posting Member
Iam 5 days post op and feels that my vest is too tight for comfort....but somehow iam managing it..also today i noticed yellow colour on chest. Has anyone else experienced it and what could be the reason.my sirgeon said its due to bruising
 and is fine.can someone reply

Offline pike09

• Posting Member
Yes, its from buising.  Mine did the same thing once the buising started to subside.
Excision Feb. 2 2010
26 155lbs <5%
On recovery... massage

DrBermant

Iam 5 days post op and feels that my vest is too tight for comfort....but somehow iam managing it..also today i noticed yellow colour on chest. Has anyone else experienced it and what could be the reason.my sirgeon said its due to bruising
 and is fine.can someone reply

Bruising after surgery is like bruising after trauma or injury. Black and Blue discoloration are blood cells out of the vessels in tissue. As the body dissolves the hemoglobin, colors migrate from purples, to reds, greens, and yellows.  This discoloration can migrate with gravity down the chest with elevation and down the side of the chest when on your back. Even better is to minimize Bruising After Gynecomastia Surgery as much as possible with evolved surgical techniques. Yes, those pictures are how my patients typically evolve.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I advise my patients that bruising may occur -- and it can be any color of the rainbow.  Bruising is due to free blood under the skin (ie not contained within blood vessels)

If it occurs at all, it can start as red or purple.  Then, as the body degrades the free blood, it can turn to yellow or green or gray.  Once it reaches that stage, it is usually gone within a few days.

Sometimes you start off in the yellow stage -- that indicates only a little bit of free blood which was quickly changed to the yellow pigment.

Look past the color -- it is temporary and has no effect on the results of your surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024