Author Topic: Question about post op...  (Read 1724 times)

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
I'm going to have the surgery, but am wondering if sweating will affect the healing process. I work outdoors most of the time and it gets well over 90 where I live during the summer months.  I'm sure the compression vest will make me sweat a lot more than normal.  Is sweat bad for the cuts that are made and sutured?  I want to have the surgery around June, but will wait until the cooler months if there is any chance the healing process will be complicated.  If it doesn't matter, I'd rather do this sooner than later.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

DrBermant

I'm going to have the surgery, but am wondering if sweating will affect the healing process. I work outdoors most of the time and it gets well over 90 where I live during the summer months.  I'm sure the compression vest will make me sweat a lot more than normal.  Is sweat bad for the cuts that are made and sutured?  I want to have the surgery around June, but will wait until the cooler months if there is any chance the healing process will be complicated.  If it doesn't matter, I'd rather do this sooner than later.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

After Gynecomastia Surgery Chest Compression Garments are too powerful a tool to not use. But they do not do well in the heat, patients will sweat. We see patients from around the world, many come from the tropics, the desert, or other locations with even higher outdoor temperatures. Air conditioning permits this surgery to be done year round. Some find reasons to do it during winter, others summer, yet others fall, or for others spring. There does not seem to be one preference for all of my patients. If it is more important to be where someone must sweat and work hard, surgery should be put off for cooler times.

This is real surgery and involves injury. Pushing any injury too soon during recovery can slow the healing and impair the results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024