Author Topic: Depression near incision  (Read 2202 times)

Offline foobar

Hello everyone, I have had my surgery done ~3 weeks ago and I have removed the stitches a week ago. I am satisfied with the results, but something is troubling me - namely, there is slight depression near the incisions under the areola. Has anyone had a similar experience and is it possible that it will become flat on its own? I understand that it might take some time, I am just interested in the possibility that it will go away without a correction procedure.

DrBermant

Hello everyone, I have had my surgery done ~3 weeks ago and I have removed the stitches a week ago. I am satisfied with the results, but something is troubling me - namely, there is slight depression near the incisions under the areola. Has anyone had a similar experience and is it possible that it will become flat on its own? I understand that it might take some time, I am just interested in the possibility that it will go away without a correction procedure.

3 weeks can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

Crater Deformity After Gynecomastia Surgery come in many different degrees.  Depressions are the risk of removing tissue. Not ending surgery with such depressions is the art of this sculpture. Healing tissues can adhere initially after surgery causing a slight depression on animation that resolves with scar care and time. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024