Author Topic: 3 days post op w/ some questions  (Read 2031 times)

Offline DeathToMoobs

I know there are some very knowledgeable surgeons on the boards and I'd just like to ask a few questions, mostly to clear my mind of any paranoia. I had my surgery done on the 18th, and got my bandages off today. Some things to address... The right side of my chest has a sort of 'squishy' feel, and while massaging it with vaseline I can hear water moving around. I did some research and apparently it's a seroma. The nurse said if there's any water buildup they'll extract it with a syringe, but my next follow up is in 2 weeks, and from what I've read this needs to be done asap. Should I call my PS and let him know? Also will they administer a local anesthetic while doing this or will I feel it? They didn't use drains so I'm assuming it's because of that.

Also, my left side is ALOT more swollen than my right. I think this is normal, and hopefully will go down in a matter of a few days.

Offline DeathToMoobs

What a helpful forum. I got my answers elsewhere.

Hista_Amsterdam

Why they did not used drains? I just got operated yesterday and have 2 drains. Take contact with PS to ensure the cause. Success

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024