Author Topic: 5 days post op hard lumps  (Read 3037 times)

Offline eager1983

• Posting Member
Hey guys, i am 5 days post op bilateral gynecomastia removal surgery and i am starting to feel solid lumps around the nipple, if it was a haematoma would it be very painful? Or could this just be fluid build up like a seroma?

The surgery was straight forward and very easy as i am a lean muscular guy (never used roids) and the glands were very small and thin.

They are not painful to touch, just a bit tender and i am massaging them every day.

Thanks for any info.

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
i would guess thats just swelling?

Offline robs

• Posting Member
its scar tissue...massage it with 2 fingers with firm pressure anywhere you feel solid lumps.  Dont worry, it will go away with time but be patient.

Offline eager1983

• Posting Member
Thanks guys, i didn't know that scar tissue appeared so quickly, aslong as it isn't an hematoma!

Would scar tissue cause the nipple to appear slightly puffy even though the gland is gone?

Thanks again for the help!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Hard to tell exactly what is going on -- but what is of more concern is your contours -- are they smooth and flat compared to pre-op?  Five days is much too early to draw any conclusions -- suggest you address your concerns and ask about them when you next meet your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline eager1983

• Posting Member
I have a well built, lean chest and the contours haven't changed at all.

I spoke to my surgeon and he said that it is definitely scar tissue and to continue massaging the area and it will loosen up over time.

Does this sound right? Also, should scar tissue be a bit sore to massage?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Scar tissue doesn't appear at five days after surgery and massaging so soon after surgery may actually encourage more swelling.  Would simply wear a snug compression garment and allow for healing to occur.  There are many things going on in the early days of healing and it is best not to be aggressive in feeling your chest at this time.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024