Author Topic: Post op concern  (Read 3084 times)

Offline thesevenup

• Posting Member
I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and had full gland removal done only, no lipo. I am quite pleased with my results within the 1st few days but there seems to be fluid at the top half of my nipple's. It looks puffy just like the gland but smaller. I know the gland has gone because i saw it after and i cant feel anything under the nipple, just a squidgy feeling.

Is it likely just water from swelling? It has been consistant in size since day 1 and its now day 14. Should i get a needle a drain it, or keep icing it? Its strange its only in one place though, top half of both nipples, the rest of the chest is fine.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This long after surgery, ice is not going to really help.  Do NOT stick a needle in your chest yourself.  You need to have your plastic surgeon evaluate it.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline thesevenup

• Posting Member
My surgeon is 1000 miles away, should i see my GP? Is it normal to have fluid under the nipple post op and does this usually subdue on it's own? It's making my nipple face downwards, looks horrible.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:01:42 PM by thesevenup »

• Supporting Doctors
It could be fluid, like serum (liquid part of blood) or possibly blood itself.  Are you wearing a compression garment?  That should help.  And when do you have a follow up appt. with your surgeon?  Too bad he's so far away; that is one problem with long-distance surgery.  I doubt your family doctor would do anything, but it's worth a call.

Dr. Pope, MD

Offline thesevenup

• Posting Member
Yes, i have been wearing the compression vest 24/7. My surgeon was actually in another country and there was no follow up appointment made, and the travelling was stressful enough the 1st time. If it is blood, will this stay there until something is done? I think my local Dr is all i have.

Thanks for all the info..

• Supporting Doctors
If it is only a small collection of blood and is not enlarging, your body will eventually break it down and absorb it.

Dr. Pope

Offline thetodd

What country do you live in? and where was the surgery performed?

Never do self surgery, youl kill yourself!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
If there is excess fluid buildup, I imagine your local doctor/urgent care should be able to drain the swelling with a syringe...much like draining a swollen knee.  But do not do it yourself obviously!

Offline thesevenup

• Posting Member
I live in England and had it done in Poland. Not sure if our GP's do anything here. Im not 100% but this could be clearing up and if it has its a very small amount. My surgeon actually said if this happens i will have to get a needle and drain this out myself...

I think i will see if it is going down over the next week, if not i will have to see what the GP says.

Offline thetodd

If i was in your shoes id be at the hospital right now in the walk in centre ... seriously!

Im sure the polish surgeon would have said that to you, because over here you aint his problem.If you do it yourself (or someone else untrained) your going to really hurt yourself and just open yourself to huge risks on infection. Go to the hospital! its not a job for the GP in my opinion phone up NHS Direct and explain the situation

0845 4647

Tell them about where youve had the surgery, symptoms etc they will walk you through what to do! Dont be afraid to phone them up they will help!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024