Author Topic: Post op swelling on right breast.  (Read 1995 times)

Offline beavisman

Hi I had gyne surgery 5 weeks ago liposuction only. My surgeon said I did not need any excision because there was very little to no breast tissue. So 5 weeks later im noticing my whole left side is very flat and I would say healing well. But the right is still puffy especially around the nipple. When I feel the area there is hard tissue and its a pretty good sized amount is this scar tissue? Is it possible to get scar tissue under my nipple even when liposuction only was done?

Offline djthiago1

• Posting Member
I'm afraid you made the mistake most people make, you should have done the excision, i'm not even sure you can get scar tissues with liposuction, even you have it, it probably won't look very good even after the swelling is gone, lipo only gets the fat, in a few years the fat is back.

DrBermant

Hi I had gyne surgery 5 weeks ago liposuction only. My surgeon said I did not need any excision because there was very little to no breast tissue. So 5 weeks later im noticing my whole left side is very flat and I would say healing well. But the right is still puffy especially around the nipple. When I feel the area there is hard tissue and its a pretty good sized amount is this scar tissue? Is it possible to get scar tissue under my nipple even when liposuction only was done?

Here is a similar poster's question I answered here in this forum:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20516.msg139947;topicseen#msg139947

You can also search in the forum for residual puffy nipple deformity to see other questions and answers to this common issue. Residual swelling or gland can both be remaining factors, but a much more thorough explanation and showing pictures that can help others better understand your concerns.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline beavisman

Hi dr. Jacobs after doing more heavy research I tried to tell my doctor that this tissue needed to be excised and that I am sure it is still breast tissue. He said that there would have been no breast tissue because of the ultrasonic lipo would have gotten it. Everywhere I read said that US lipo doesnt remove breast tissue. How could this doctor not see this.  He's still telling me hes 95% sure its swelling and it will go down. But I feel hard tissue and my other breast has no hard tissue.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024