Author Topic: Firm, sometimes painful tissue 1 year on...  (Read 1950 times)

Offline locksem

• Posting Member
Hi there,

i underwent gynecomastia surgery last July, and was ultimately very happy with the results.

Everything went well, except some bleeding and discoloration on my left side, the nipple looked as though it was beginning to die at one point, but eventually seemed to return to normal

I was slightly worried about the length of time it took the swelling to decrease, and about 'hard' areas that had been left on the left side.
I have put off returning to my GP in hope that it would eventually sort itself out, but nearly one year on, no joy...

The 'firmness' has created some obvious asymmetry, and whilst it doesn't look as bad as it did before, my left nipple always protrudes, and is always hard, unlike my right side. It can also be painful, but strangely not always if it is touched directly, it is usually when making certain movements, or accidentally pulling the skin surrounding it.

It is very frustrating that after nearly a year, it is still painful and not exactly aesthetically pleasing...

has anyone experienced anything similar, or heard of such things?

(p.s. i'm sure this topic has probably already been broached in another thread, but i have not been able to find anything)

Thanks

Offline cani

• Posting Member
I am 7 months post-op and are experiencing the same thing. The firmness is exactly under my nipple and a little bit over it.
Sometimes when its warm it feels like its not much there but when I make certain moves it get irritated and turns hard.

Overall your story sounds just like mine. Im thinking about going back to a surgeon and let him have a look.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
More than likely there is a certain amount of scar tissue that has developed at the nipple area.  There is not at all uncommon.

Perhaps a return visit to your surgeon will shed some light on your condition.  Sometimes, the surgeon may wish to inject some cortisone to melt away the scar tissue, soften it and perhaps make it less tender.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline locksem

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply,

I have been considering returning to my doctor for a while, but wasnt sure whether it was something that was just inevitable, and perhaps unsolvable!

Thanks again

locksem

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024