Author Topic: Problem:  Excess Skin.  (Read 2330 times)

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
I had a consultation with Dr. Fielding in Toronto and he said I presented him with a rare challenge.

Apparently my gland is very minimal, and MOST of my problem is loose, extra skin on account of losing a fair bit of weight.  I never even thought skin would be an issue (never realized I had a saggy skin problem!!)

Anyways, to get to the point, he says that I probably won't have GREAT results from surgery, which is a little discouraging to say the least...  He thinks I might have a bit of saggy skin left over from the procedure.

I guess I was wondering if there were any others out there who shared my predicament and could offer some insight..

My only thought right now is to go absolutely nuts on my pecs and build them up to hopefully 'fill in' the skin should the good doctor be right.

Anyone know if that might work?  Or perhaps any other recommendations?   Thanks guys.

Kind of sucks when you see surgery as your only hope and then the doctor tells you surgery might be a waste of time.  Ah well.  C'est la vie.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
As great as Dr. Fielding supposedly is, I don't think it is wise to rely on the opinion of one single plastic surgeon.

There are plenty of other skilled gyne surgeons around the GTA... I went with Dr. Lista personally.

Get another opinion and see what they say.

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
I'm a student suffering under massive debt and Fielding is the only affordable option.

Offline Spleen

Many Docs give free consultations.  It might be worthwhile to at least have a couple more conversations.

That said, loose skin is difficult to deal with.  My wife had a tummy tuck after  having our 3 kids.  It solved the loose skin problem, but now she has a scar from hip to hip.  She can hide her scar pretty well, it will be tougher to do on your chest.  Cosmetics surgeons can only do the best they can with what they have.  More extreme cases tend to have less "perfect" results.  If you can keep your expectations realistic and be satisfied with an improvement rather than some ideal, it could be worthwhile.

timbo

Loose skin IS difficult to deal with.  My problem was primarily loose skin and fatty tissue.  I had a mastopexy and liposuction, with both procedures being successful.  However, I've had one revision for additional skin excision already, and another one scheduled for next month.  From the nipples up I look great- the problem is the lower half of each side where the loose skin seems to be difficult to completely tighten up.  I also have horizontal scars under each side where the additional skin has been excised.  A pain to deal with, but ultimately for me, preferrable to having breasts.

DrBermant

I had a consultation with Dr. Fielding in Toronto and he said I presented him with a rare challenge.

Apparently my gland is very minimal, and MOST of my problem is loose, extra skin on account of losing a fair bit of weight.  I never even thought skin would be an issue (never realized I had a saggy skin problem!!)

Anyways, to get to the point, he says that I probably won't have GREAT results from surgery, which is a little discouraging to say the least...  He thinks I might have a bit of saggy skin left over from the procedure.

I guess I was wondering if there were any others out there who shared my predicament and could offer some insight..

My only thought right now is to go absolutely nuts on my pecs and build them up to hopefully 'fill in' the skin should the good doctor be right.

Anyone know if that might work?  Or perhaps any other recommendations?   Thanks guys.

Kind of sucks when you see surgery as your only hope and then the doctor tells you surgery might be a waste of time.  Ah well.  C'est la vie.

Loose Hanging Male Chest Skin is called chest ptosis or drooping.      Options depend on the problem to be treated.  My Short Scar Internal Male Mastopexy Breast Lift is an option for some.  Such issues are best discussed with a doctor who can evaluate the problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024